Notifications
Clear all

Claravis (Accutane)

MemberMember
(@blondie4336)

Posted : 11/12/2012 3:12 pm

Hello, I am a 26 year old female and have been suffering from mild-moderate acne since I was a tennager.. My break outs are around my mouth and sometimes I will get a few on my cheeks, but mostly around my mouth.. I started 10mg, once daily, of claravis in September, I was not seeing any results, only side effects were that my lips were dry and the corners were cracking. I went back to the dermatologist to do my monthly visit and she put me on 30mg once daily Again I was seeing no results, if anything my skin was/has gotten worse... I am soo upset and frustrated. I have tried ever topical cream under the sun and also various anti biotics.. Nothing would work. I went back to the doctor on Thursday and she is having me take 30 mg twice daily now, I started that on Friday... I don't see a big difference yet, maybe a tiny bit, how long does it take to start seeing results?

MemberMember
(@20yrsufferer)

Posted : 11/13/2012 11:16 pm

I remember being on a pretty high dose. Not sure how long it took to work, but when it did my skin was amazing! No traces of acne at all. The side effect of chapped lips never went away. It's been 13 years and I always have chapped lips. I have heard success stories after Accutane, but my Acne came back. I still suffer from it at 30 years old.