Notifications
Clear all

It's Masturbation, I'm 100% Sure.

MemberMember
(@lewis-hamilton)

Posted : 11/11/2012 10:53 pm

I'm gonna try to make this post short.

Weeks ago I decided to cut down my masturbation rate and my skin was smooth as f**k. I was filled with confidence and was the happiest I've been in a long time. Couple of days ago I wanked twice in one day (which I regret so badly) and today morning I woke up with 5 zits on my face. Coincidence? I think not.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/11/2012 11:00 pm

What type of ance you have ( light mild moderate ....etc)

MemberMember
(@lewis-hamilton)

Posted : 11/11/2012 11:05 pm

It's light mate but I still don't want people to see them. They should go away in a few days though

MemberMember
(@bishy)

Posted : 11/12/2012 3:18 pm

Im yet to put this to the test.. think ima start now! Had one saturday and sunday., woke up this morning with 5 whiteheads! Lets see how long I can last and see what effects it has on my skin.. god knows what I will do if it is the cause hahah

MemberMember
(@lewis-hamilton)

Posted : 11/12/2012 3:37 pm

same lol I've been trying to fight every little urge :(

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 11/12/2012 3:53 pm

<--30 day abstinence still get acne.

MemberMember
(@scov93)

Posted : 11/12/2012 4:11 pm

i've tried this in the past and like you i was sure that masturbation was a major cause of my acne. after a year of averaging 15-20 days between masturbating i found it made very little difference to my skin. i also found myself become alot more stressed and aggressive which probable made my acne worse.

i now masturbate every 3 days or and i hardly breakout at all.

maybe it will help your skin as we are all different just my experience

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/12/2012 4:49 pm

The first week I didn't ejaculate at all. No pimples

The second week I didn't ejaculate I got some pimples

Third week I ejaculate once everyday and no pimples

I'm lost :(

I think my acne is not related to masturbation.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 11/12/2012 6:14 pm

Never seen the link between my acne to my masturbation but I have no idea. Does anyone actually know if some of the acne is caused by Masturbation, and does it affect everyone?

Think about it, though. All guys masturbate, right? but do all guys have acne? no.

MemberMember
(@jenomo)

Posted : 11/12/2012 9:25 pm

I had about a month break where I didn't masturbate and i was acne free at the end of it. When I started masturbating again, the acne came back. I thought that it couldn't be a coincidence, like you. However, I stopped masturbating again and the acne never went away,

I've been masturbating regularly and I'm acne free now.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 12/03/2012 8:29 pm

Never seen the link between my acne to my masturbation but I have no idea. Does anyone actually know if some of the acne is caused by Masturbation, and does it affect everyone?

Think about it, though. All guys masturbate, right? but do all guys have acne? no.

that logic is flawed. There are tons of people who probably masturbate excessively, have a horrible diet, don't exercise, and don't do much overall for their skin or health and have nice skin. If you look more into threads on masturbation on this site there are tons of people who are affected by masturbation. Some clear up completely if they abstain for 2 weeks on. For others, masturbation is not a cause but an aggravator. I am one of those people. If i were to masturbate daily I would breakout badly, but if I cut my masturbation down to once a week, I can manage a cleaner face, but I am still affected by other things like my sugar intake, exercise , stress and such. So the indisputable answer is yes, masturbation can worsen acne in some people, but not necessarily in everyone. The only way to know is to abstain from masturbation for 2 weeks. The reason behind this is that 7 days after abstaining from masturbation there is a spike in testosterone levels, and then this decreases after that. Here is a thread about it:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/241253-testosterone-levels-spike-7-days-after-abstaining-from-masturbation/

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/03/2012 10:05 pm

that logic is flawed. There are tons of people who probably masturbate excessively, have a horrible diet, don't exercise, and don't do much overall for their skin or health and have nice skin. If you look more into threads on masturbation on this site there are tons of people who are affected by masturbation. Some clear up completely if they abstain for 2 weeks on. For others, masturbation is not a cause but an aggravator. I am one of those people. If i were to masturbate daily I would breakout badly, but if I cut my masturbation down to once a week, I can manage a cleaner face, but I am still affected by other things like my sugar intake, exercise , stress and such. So the indisputable answer is yes, masturbation can worsen acne in some people, but not necessarily in everyone. The only way to know is to abstain from masturbation for 2 weeks. The reason behind this is that 7 days after abstaining from masturbation there is a spike in testosterone levels, and then this decreases after that. Here is a thread about it:

http://www.acne.org/...m-masturbation/

I read it. I am really confused now. I've recently been told my acne is being caused by a leaky gut from a test my nutritionist did on my body. She did not mention anything about masturbating causing it for me ... but if people are getting cleared up from not masturbating, should I? or should I for now, just masturbate as usual and continue the plan I've been given? because I don't want to like stop masturbating for like 2 weeks then start again and end up wrecking my hormone levels or anything... what do you recommend I do? Would stopping for say 2 weeks then going again wreck my balance or anything?

I never thought masturbating caused me acne :S.

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 12/03/2012 10:59 pm

I'm glad the truth is finally coming out.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 12/04/2012 8:02 am

http://www.acne.org/...m-masturbation/

I read it. I am really confused now. I've recently been told my acne is being caused by a leaky gut from a test my nutritionist did on my body. She did not mention anything about masturbating causing it for me ... but if people are getting cleared up from not masturbating, should I? or should I for now, just masturbate as usual and continue the plan I've been given? because I don't want to like stop masturbating for like 2 weeks then start again and end up wrecking my hormone levels or anything... what do you recommend I do? Would stopping for say 2 weeks then going again wreck my balance or anything?

I never thought masturbating caused me acne :S.

I've never heard about hormones being "wrecked" after not masturbating for 2 weeks. I really don't see an issue in abstaining for that period of time. You can look into it more, but not everyone masturbates so I'm sure you will be fine. It comes down to your decision whether or not you want to try abstaining. Since you are also starting a special diet from your nutritionist, then it might be hard to see which one is helping the most if you decide to abstain from masturbation at the same time. I personally would do them one at a time to gauge the effects of each.

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 12/04/2012 9:46 am

oprah.gif

Basically sums up my thoughts regarding this matter.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 12/04/2012 4:17 pm

oprah.gif

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

i didn't know you could add gifs!

MemberMember
(@jo1n)

Posted : 12/07/2012 4:24 pm

Masturbation does not cause acne. I use to be a believer that it did, but it was just a coincidence. Masturbation is good, I think it purges acne, which is why you are breaking out.

MemberMember
(@robert_nl)

Posted : 12/08/2012 10:29 am

Masturbation does not cause acne. I use to be a believer that it did, but it was just a coincidence. Masturbation is good, I think it purges acne, which is why you are breaking out.

That is one way to look at it, but for me I'm absolutely sure masturbating causes acne on my body.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 1:52 pm

well i did this too and it made me clear. but its not sustainable. you can't be celibate your entire life. impossible. once i started taking zinc my acne cleared up. maybe its cuz we loose a lot of zinc in my semen. i dont know why masturbation exacerbates does not cause acne but i know that it does and you are right. i also know zinc reverses it and i dont know why.

oprah.gif

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 12/08/2012 5:32 pm

got any gifs now buddy?

gallery_35942_10875_10408973834c2116457747c.gif

How long did you not fap for? Did you remove every skin product, supplement etc etc? I don't see how people would be convinced by your post considering there are twice as many saying that it dod not affect their acne.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 7:31 pm

got any gifs now buddy?

How long did you not fap for? Did you remove every skin product, supplement etc etc? I don't see how people would be convinced by your post considering there are twice as many saying that it dod not affect their acne.

it works for some people doesnt work for others. yes i removed all skin products and suplements and everything. i didn't fap for 1 week. i did this 4 times. everytime on the 3rd day of not fapping i would get no new acne and then all the redness would go away. on the 7th day i would fap. and within 3 hours my face would get red and acne would form. i think people say it doesnt affect their acne simply because it doesnt... this obviously doesnt work for everyone or everyone would have acne. duh. my acne would also come back when i would fap on a 4th day..

BUT...when i went 5 days without it and got only 5 hours of sleep on the 5th night i broke out anyway. my skin became really oily even tho i didnt frikin wack it. so it doesnt work. you cant cure acne by not wacking but i did see imporvement for at least the first 4 days. but thats just my body. i beleive everyones body is different and that guy who posted might have the same situation as me.

thats why im telling him to use zinc!!! now i can wack off all i want and if i take 60mg of zinc 90% less acne. i dont know why but it works.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 12/10/2012 8:17 pm

I may not cause acne in you but it does in others. Please don't overgeneralize like that.

got any gifs now buddy?

gallery_35942_10875_10408973834c2116457747c.gif

Listen, the masturbation debate has gone on for too long. For many people, masturbation does not cause acne. For many others, it does. I am one of those people. If i masturbate over twice a week, i breakout badly. If i abstain completley my acne reduces but does not completley clear up. I think there is a grey area. Please don't overgeneralize. Just because it doesn't affect you, doesn't mean that it wont affect others. Please check out my thread here:

http://www.acne.org/...may-cause-acne/

In the thread i explain the fundamental reasons why masturbation/sex/orgasm induce acne. Orgasm increases Prolactin which increases 5-alpha-reductase which converts testosterone to DHT which causes acne. This is all backed up by proven studies found on my thread. I think everyone should read my thread as it is a new approach to why some have acne. It's all just a theory though. I hope that it helps