Notifications
Clear all

Breaking Out More After Starting New Regimen

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 11/11/2012 10:50 pm

Hello everyone. Just ti get started,I am a male in my early 20's.

I recently began taking 2tbs of flaxseed oil everyday for the past 4 days. I have noticed that my skin has become even worse... After doing some research I have found that others have had this problem as well. Could I get some advice on what I can do about this. Would it be better for me to use liquid fish oil instead as opposed to the flaxseed oil? I am also taking a wide variety of vitamins and minerals as well as borage oil and evening primrose oil. I have also eliminated grains and dairy for now to see if this help.

Thanks for your help guys :)

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/11/2012 11:18 pm

You should probably stop taking the flax seed oil if you notice it makes things worse.

Supplements can really ravage your body if you aren't eating well.

I always ask : what is your diet like?

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 11/12/2012 1:50 am

I eat a clean diet. Plenty of veggies/fruit. Eat lean meats, drink plenty of water... I never looked much into the omega-3 : omega-6 ratio. I was hoping the flax seed oil would help this.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/12/2012 5:05 am

What sort of veggies and fruit?

Have you tried starting a food log to see what your triggers are? Maybe start with a simple diet and experiment with reincorporating foods over time. If you feel some sort of strange tingling around your mouth region, that is a clear sign.

Sometimes you need to stick to a simple diet for a week or two, before you can start to try and find your triggers.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/12/2012 7:47 am

A lot of people have a negative reaction to flaxseed...

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 11/12/2012 8:42 am

It would be better for you to eat some fish and other sources such as eggs and meat from pastured animals. There's also plant sources like hemp seed and purslane which is a citrusy flavored weed probably growing somewhere near you and also very good for the digestive tract.

I'd avoid other estogenic foods like soy.

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 11/12/2012 10:18 am

Thank you so much for your help everyone.

I tend to to eat kiwi, assortment of berries, apples, sometimes oranges...

As for the flax, I was a bit worried about the estrogen levels. I should have done better research before going off to Whole Foods. I know there are people on here that use Chia Seeds. Does anyone know how this compares to salmon/cod liver oil?