Notifications
Clear all

Ghost Notifications?

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/11/2012 9:36 pm

screenshot20121111at932.png

And I have to check my topics manually to look for responses. I was being notified of them through this device when I first started my account but suddenly it's not happening anymore...?

Thanks for any info, and I apologize if this has already been addressed in a previous thread. :)

MemberMember
(@thekidjohn)

Posted : 11/12/2012 10:06 am

OOOO I got one of these "Ghost Notifications" Earlier. Now I really want to find out what it was.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 11/12/2012 12:41 pm

WANT TO BE ABLE TO READ GHOST NOTIFICATIONS?

Just click "View All Notifications" located at the top of the drop down. Once you've clicked on that, it will bring you to a page of all notifications. Click the date and time of the ghost, and you should be able to read it!

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/13/2012 6:20 pm

Thanks, WonderfulStrawberry! Good workaround.

And I have to check my topics manually to look for responses. I was being notified of them through this device when I first started my account but suddenly it's not happening anymore...?

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/13/2012 6:24 pm

Thanks, WonderfulStrawberry! Good workaround.

Are all the ghost notifications about people who've replied in one of your topics? Is it just one topic, or is it the same for all your topics?

It doesn't seem to matter what topic it is in... I'm pretty sure it's multiple, but I don't mind just doing what WonderfulStrawberry mentioned.

Thanks for all the help! :)

Hey just wanted to let you know that today they are working, so maybe it has resolved itself, hahaha. Thanks everyone~

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/13/2012 6:27 pm

Oh, great! I was about to send an email to Admin, guess that's not necessary anymore :)

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/13/2012 7:18 pm

Oh, great! I was about to send an email to Admin, guess that's not necessary anymore smile.png

I will let you know if it happens again... I didn't get a notification for this post you made here so I'm thinking that maybe it is broken sad.png Or maybe I am misunderstanding the way the notifications work?

Should I be notified of all posts in a topic I make, or just posts quoting me?

Thanks again for you help and I'm sorry if I've made this a mess. D:

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/13/2012 7:44 pm

I will let you know if it happens again... I didn't get a notification for this post you made here so I'm thinking that maybe it is broken sad.png Or maybe I am misunderstanding the way the notifications work?

Should I be notified of all posts in a topic I make, or just posts quoting me?

Thanks again for you help and I'm sorry if I've made this a mess. D:

Haha, don't worry, you haven't made it a mess at all.

I think your notification frequency is set to "Daily digest" or "Weekly digest". If you change that to "Immediately", you should be notified the moment someone replies in any of the topics you follow, including your own.

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/13/2012 10:21 pm

Haha, don't worry, you haven't made it a mess at all.

I think your notification frequency is set to "Daily digest" or "Weekly digest". If you change that to "Immediately", you should be notified the moment someone replies in any of the topics you follow, including your own.

Oh you are just AwEsOmE... But I'm sure you already knew that!!

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/14/2012 7:51 pm

Oh you are just AwEsOmE... But I'm sure you already knew that!!

blush.png No, actually, I didn't. But you can always remind me tongue.png Glad the notifications work for you now.