Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bookworm622

What Should I Do For My Whiteheads?

Hi! I have been taking doxycycline, putting on retin-a and benzaclin for my mild acne. But, now I just get a lot of clogged whiteheads and I want to know what type of medication I should be using for that? Will sacylic acid work for me or should I stick to the benzaclin?

Here is my regimine:

wash with cetaphil cleanser

put on benzaclin

Yes to Tomatoes moisturizer

night:

wash with warm water

put on retin-a

I also take a multi-vitamin, zinc, three fish oils, and my doxycycline. The zinc I take at night.

Any advice?

Zinc is awesome, i took it way back when my acne was bad. It works as a good anti-inflammatory very well. Retin-A works miracles if you stick with it.

With the doxy, or any anti-biotic the first 2 months are the hardest, after that life gets better. After the 2 months you won't have to worry as much about washing your face as much, but be warned when you get 5-6 months into take the anti-biotic your acne may come back (90%) of cases. Best thing to do is to perfect your regime in the 3-4 month, so when it come back in the 5-6 month you're ready to battle it at its fullest. Good luck friend, all the best, William.