Notifications
Clear all

Looking In To A Mirror

MemberMember
(@cartita)

Posted : 11/11/2012 9:43 am

What should I do if I have developed a "fear" for looking in to a mirror ? My acne is not so bad at all, but ....

Same at the gym. I do exercise in front of a mirror very hard..

MemberMember
(@williamrickard)

Posted : 11/11/2012 10:14 am

I would say i was the same a few months ago, it's horrible :( I wouldn't brush my teeth in the mirror, developed a habit of just putting toothpaste in my mouth and using my tongue to clean my mouth and swallowing the paste. It's really hard i know how you feel, not a lot people can say that will help you but all i thought was just to accept the way i looked, it was hard, took some time, but i did it and then i felt confident about looking in mirror. Hope that helped

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/11/2012 12:14 pm

I only have problems with car tinted windows oh man my acne looks really bad.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 11/11/2012 6:07 pm

Mirrors be lying, I don't trust em.

Lollypopfield, User174136, Murph89 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 11/11/2012 6:11 pm

I've found that you have to be very careful when choosing a mirror to look into. The best thing you can do is look into a mirror that you know has flattering lighting...the type of mirror where you know you'll always look your best. That's usually a mirror you have set up somewhere in your house, but some public places have mirrors like this too where the lighting isn't ridiculous. The one thing you want to avoid like the plague are mirrors with harsh fluorescent lighting, because they show every tiny, insignificant flaw and they can ruin your whole day.

Murph89 liked
MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 11/12/2012 11:26 pm

It's somewhat sadding that we rely on external factors just to make ourselves happy even by deceiving ourselves.

The game of escape and chase serves pleasure and temporary happiness but in the end its what suffering.

MemberMember
(@lollypopfield)

Posted : 11/18/2012 10:13 pm

Or you could just face your fears and stand up to the mirror. Don't let it bully you.

Looks are all temporary, we will all rot into the same type of corpses one day.

Go out there and do what you love and don't let anyone stop you.

There are much more important things in life, than your looks, or lack of it.

Goodlooks won't get you anywhere in life.

So it really doesn't matter.