Notifications
Clear all

Drinking Water With Meals?

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/10/2012 4:13 pm

I'm having some issues not drinking water with my meals. I'm almost two weeks in and I'm experiencing breakouts, bloating, and I'm not as regular as I was... But according to a few topics I've read that doesn't make sense since this is supposed to help with digestion?

I'm getting plenty of fiber as half of all my meals are green veggies and I eat at least one apple a day... I'm taking enzymes with my meals, too.

Help?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/10/2012 4:28 pm

You should not drink water when you eat, it dilutes the acids in your stomach leading to poor digestion. Drink 20 minutes before or after meals. Take a probiotic with your meals to alleviate the symptoms you're having. You may still not be getting enough fiber with the veggies and 1 apple. You need 25 grams of fiber per day, fiber powder added to water might be something to try.

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/10/2012 6:46 pm

You should not drink water when you eat, it dilutes the acids in your stomach leading to poor digestion. Drink 20 minutes before or after meals. Take a probiotic with your meals to alleviate the symptoms you're having. You may still not be getting enough fiber with the veggies and 1 apple. You need 25 grams of fiber per day, fiber powder added to water might be something to try.

Thanks for the input 🙂

MemberMember
(@onlyskindeep)

Posted : 11/10/2012 7:21 pm

That maybe why you're not as regular as you were. It's important to drink if eating fiber especially if you plan on increasing your fiber intake. If you don't drink wile taking fiber it will have the opposite effect and actually cause constipation. No I am not a doctor, no PHD here. JMO. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 11/10/2012 7:53 pm

Do you drink 2-3 glasses as soon as you wake up? I do that, and it uh... clears my bowels right out.

And after that I follow a schedule of waiting 1-2 hours between eating and drinking.

I've been doing it for a week or so and it seems to be doing me a lot of good.

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/10/2012 7:59 pm

That maybe why you're not as regular as you were. It's important to drink if eating fiber especially if you plan on increasing your fiber intake. If you don't drink wile taking fiber it will have the opposite effect and actually cause constipation. No I am not a doctor, no PHD here. JMO. Good luck.

Haha, well, thanks for your opinion. 🙂 It is possible that I haven't been drinking as frequently because I'm not used to the schedule.

Do you drink 2-3 glasses as soon as you wake up? I do that, and it uh... clears my bowels right out.

And after that I follow a schedule of waiting 1-2 hours between eating and drinking.

I've been doing it for a week or so and it seems to be doing me a lot of good.

Not immediately when I get up but I will give that a try... I was starting out with a meal and drinking two glasses an hour and a half to two hours later, but I'll start with the water first and see if that helps any.

Thanks everyone. 🙂