Notifications
Clear all

What Do I Have? (Pics)

MemberMember
(@oberyn)

Posted : 11/10/2012 3:36 pm

I'm 20, I had sever nodule-cyst acne for 8 years, done 3 cycles of Accutane, now I'v been drugs and acne free for 2 years. Since my acne days, I have this COSTANT redness on my face (you can see the difference of colour with the rest of my body skin), and NOTHING could make it go away. It's from the moment I wake up in the morning to when I go to sleep, even without particular triggers. Sometimes after sexual activity, for a few hours the skin becomes TOTALLY NORMAL, but the next morning it's red again

I've tried expensive anti-redness products, some capillar laser sessions, but nothing. What is it?

What can I do? Pretty giving up lately, I've been fighting with it for years...

post-171991-0-83183800-1352579752_thumb.

MemberMember
(@hopeful479)

Posted : 11/10/2012 3:44 pm

Have you tried oatmeal? Maybe in the form of masks. It might calm the redness a little bit, suppose to be soothing.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/10/2012 4:47 pm

It's common for people who took accutane to suffer from Rosacea post-accutane. Maybe some anti-inflammatory creams could help or rose hip oil.

MemberMember
(@newskin4you)

Posted : 11/10/2012 4:51 pm

Have you heard of Rodan and Fields Soothe regimen for red skin?

MemberMember
(@williamrickard)

Posted : 11/10/2012 6:12 pm

I have the same thing, it gets worse some times then gets better other times. Just learn to live with it, it's basically blushing/flushing. I have learned to live with it, it's better then when i had severe acne and if you make out like it's no big deal, you will learn to accept yourself. So eg. when you're talking infront of a large audience announce you're blushing, make a joke out of it and don't get worked up about it. With them tips you will be a million times better, i'm stilling going through with it

MemberMember
(@oberyn)

Posted : 11/10/2012 6:15 pm

I'd like to solve the problem permanently, even surgically, and avoid commercial lines of products that just won't work as 10s of others I've tried...

I just want to understand the cause, since I thought it was some kind of skin-stress due to the years of creams and gels I used for acne, but I haven't been using anything for 2 years, so it can't be that. Plus, it's amazing how the skin just cools down and looks like the rest of my body after i had sexual activity...so I think it has something to do with blood circulation or neurological/hormonal causes...

I know it's not just flushing. I've always flushed since I was a kid, I'm a shy person and my cheeks became red, but it was just temporary. Now YES I do flush, but I'm constantly red already, so it becomes worse, but it's already there!

MemberMember
(@laf32)

Posted : 11/10/2012 7:40 pm

im in a similar situation. usuing olive oil has helped.