Notifications
Clear all

Went Gluten Free And Cystic Acne Got Worse...

MemberMember
(@waitingforhealing)

Posted : 11/09/2012 10:56 pm

I don't get it. I gave up gluten but my adult cystic acne got worse. Has anyone else had this problem?

MemberMember
(@aligaum123)

Posted : 11/09/2012 11:31 pm

Sometimes ( atleast I find) that being too drastic in some lifestyle changes can put too much stress on your system and cause bad breakouts. I cut out all dairy, wheat , high glycemic foods, and gluten at once and found that my acne got much worse. But I think that it's because it was a big change for my body ( even if it is a good change) to get used to. You may be breaking out more because all of the toxins from your body are being flushed out, so it won't last for very long. Just let your body adjust and try not to be too drastic. It's more important to have a well-balanced diet than anything else. So don't worry! Hope this helps you out :) good luck with everything xoxo

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/09/2012 11:55 pm

Supplement with vitamin B COMPLEX- Vitamin E- folic acid- and vitamin k. Also up your fiber (apples, pears, fiber powder). Cutting wheat out of diet should NEVER cause skin to get worse unless you already have a vitamin deficiency on the first place and in that case cutting wheat out makes those vitamins even more lacking. The ones I recommended are the ones most prevalent in wheat

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/10/2012 12:20 am

When some people go gluten free, they end up eating other alternatives than can end up being worse than gluten. Whats your average meal consist of?

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 11/10/2012 10:02 am

When I went gluten free, my skin purged quite a bit. I increased my veg/fruit intake and started supplements and my skin purged further. It started settling down after about 4 weeks.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/11/2012 4:30 am

Remember,

Correlation does not equal causation. Stand by it firmly.

Eliminating gluten, etc. does not break you out. Eliminating these things without a proper diet rich in nutrients that your body needs, will break you out.

MemberMember
(@pickleshmickle)

Posted : 11/14/2012 9:20 pm

Remember,

Correlation does not equal causation. Stand by it firmly.

Eliminating gluten, etc. does not break you out. Eliminating these things without a proper diet rich in nutrients that your body needs, will break you out.

With that attitude nothing would ever get discovered

Here's what I would do if I were you. For a week, consume a vegetable rich, fish heavy diet. I would stay away from read meat (high in BCAAs), dairy (high in IGF) and carbs (insulinogenic). This should be about last immunogenic diet you can be on, and just see if things get better. If they don't, dietary changes may not be YOUR answer, emphasis on the "your" because everyone has different successes when it comes to treating acne.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/16/2012 2:47 am

Reading comprehension for the win. I think you did not read my post properly.