Notifications
Clear all

My Infini Treatment For My Acne Scarring

MemberMember
(@mooneboy)

Posted : 11/09/2012 7:15 pm

HI all,

I had my first treatment of Infini for my Acne Scarring today with Dr. Patel (VIVA Clinic) which went better than anticapted as I was expecting blood, pain and discomfort, however I have tough Irish Skin which might help. Infini is a Fractional RF treatment which stimulates deep collagen production - [Edited link out]

The procedure took 20 minutes and Dr Patel gave me a pretty intensive course of Infini - apparently this was the most intensive course using Infini he has treated on a patient (me) to date. The first phrase was set at 2.5mm, Second phrase was set at 2mm, Third phrase was set at 1.5mm. The level of pain wasn't as bad as expected, however areas close to the check bone were more sensitive. After the treatment my skin was pretty red (reminded me of a smack of a plastic football to the face in the school yard!). Luckily enough whilst walking home in the cold November air through Hampstead Park it managed to soothe/cool the treated area within an hour. Its now 12hrs since my treatment and my skin is fine, not inflamed apart from a faint tingling sensation. I annoyingly planned to stayed indoors in case my face would look like a slapped arse, which wasn't case at all, so I missed out on a good Friday night out!! There seems to be very little downtime which is great, however tomorrow morning I might have an odd looking complection with no possible way of making a valid excuse!!!

Dr Patel really believes that Infini is a the Holy Grail for treating acne scarring and if this works for me I'll be delighted as I can't afford to take time off work for downtime after intensive laser treatment.

Below are some before and after pictures, please also note I recently had 2 courses of Subcision and TCA cross to flatten my skin in preparation for undertaking InfiniBeforeLeft.jpg BeforeRight.jpg

AFTER

AfterLeftside.png AfterRight.jpg

Video Link on Infini

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/09/2012 9:17 pm

Did all the ice pick scars dissappear from one side of your face? It appears in the before/after photos that one side is clear of all those scars while the other sill has them.

MemberMember
(@michael24)

Posted : 11/09/2012 11:05 pm

Afters have been altered. This is a skin tightening treatment, exactly how is it supposed to fill in deep ice pick scarring??

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/10/2012 5:51 am

Even though the pictures look pretty good, since it's been only 12 hours (??) after the treatment, you can hardly assess its effectiveness for a long time. Microswelling can take weeks if not months to go away.

MemberMember
(@alexwong)

Posted : 11/10/2012 11:49 am

Your results looks impressive. But since it's only been a day since treatment, I'd like to see what it still looks like after the micro-swelling has subsided. Also, what did your scars look like from the baseline, before any treatments were done? It looks like this treatment has worked well for you. Keep us updated with your progress.

Afters have been altered. This is a skin tightening treatment, exactly how is it supposed to fill in deep ice pick scarring??

How do you know that? It just looks like the afters were taken in different lighting. On the left side of his face, I can still see the little ice pick scars.

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 11/11/2012 1:12 pm

Good stuff mate looking forward to seeing your results. The infini looks promising treatment

MemberMember
(@mooneboy)

Posted : 11/12/2012 7:03 pm

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay getting back to your replies. I contracted a nasty stomach bug which knocked me for 6!!! I'm just starting to show signs of recovery.

Firstly,

WHY WOULD I BOTHER ALTERING THESE PICTURES!!! Honestly, I appreciate this forum is possibly the most sceptical on the WWW as we all fear to be ripped off (I've been there!!) but at least appreciate that I have taken the time out to draft this blog to try and help others who are going through the horrible torment of having acne scarring....... as @Alexwong said the photos were taken in different light @michael24 I'm sorry if my photography skills aren't to your standards!!!

To answer your questions, I have VERY bad acne scarring on both checks so 1 course of infini isn't going to make them disappear, however I'm confident about my next two further treatments with Dr Patel which will be a combination of Deep FX and Infini with filler will remove the the deep scaring on my right cheek and fill the deep crevasses, which were a lot worse before I got subcision and TCA cross.

Here are some pictures I took after having my first shave since the treatment hence the redness, @michael24 would you like me to take them again or seeing you have such a great eye for photoshop alternations maybe you can remove the redness for me!!

post-186329-0-34638000-1352765073_thumb. post-186329-0-68715800-1352765082.jpg

MemberMember
(@alexwong)

Posted : 11/12/2012 9:15 pm

Looking so much better Mooneboy. Your scars have definitely softened. About the redness, were you put on some bleaching cream such as hydroquinone? I think you can also have IPL treatments to take away the redness completely.

Also, I'm just wondering what your fitzpatrick skin type is. As photos can be deceiving with lighting and everything. I mean, are you fair skinned (white / English) or tan (any other ethnic background)? It's just that the more fair you are the more aggressive the laser treatment, which means the better the outcome.

By the way, nice beard. Maybe you could grow it even more to hide your scars like Brad Pitt. LOL

P.S. Don't mind the negative comments. It's just that loads of people here are so skeptical. While at the same time, they're also afraid of getting treatments for fear of a bad outcome. Unless they feel that a treatment is a magic wand, then they're not going to do it. Also, they focus more on the negative reviews online, than the success stories. Sometimes, they just don't want to get too hopeful to only be let down in the end. But at least there are brave ones out there who are willing to take the risk to improve their quality of life.

binacol1 liked
MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/23/2013 10:51 pm

So how are your results looking Moonboy?

MemberMember
(@bucelee)

Posted : 02/18/2013 12:30 pm

Mix of rolling + ice pic scars

Hi All i plan to see DR tapan patel - has anyone had great success with subcision/ laser treatment with this doc. I have light brown skin and am wondering whether hydroquinone will badly effect the skin ( if doc recommends i use this first before treatment). I got referred to DR chu clinic on the NHS but got seen by other docs ( had dermaroller twice with no success). I have since requested to see Dr Chu but apparently he isnt taking on any new patients ???

So basically I wanted to know if Dr Patel is any good.

Thank You all kindly in advance

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 02/18/2013 5:43 pm

hi moonboy,

im not sure what this treatment is, i saw it involve radio wave.

ive heard of a treatment using radio waves instead of laser which is suppost to be newer and better, but im not sure its the one u did.

are there several different types of treatments involving radio waves that u know of? or this is the only one out there and therefore what i saw is the same as what u did?

i just need information especially since im not from the us and here things must have different names and things done differently.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 02/18/2013 9:40 pm

Mix of rolling + ice pic scars

Hi All i plan to see DR tapan patel - has anyone had great success with subcision/ laser treatment with this doc. I have light brown skin and am wondering whether hydroquinone will badly effect the skin ( if doc recommends i use this first before treatment). I got referred to DR chu clinic on the NHS but got seen by other docs ( had dermaroller twice with no success). I have since requested to see Dr Chu but apparently he isnt taking on any new patients ???

So basically I wanted to know if Dr Patel is any good.

Thank You all kindly in advance

hi bucelee, are you egyptian?? i impressed when saw egyptian flag :) ,cuz i'm here from 3 years ago and i don't saw any egyptian members,i think that i'm the only one here :D ,until i see u, whatever i would to provide any help for you, i checked the site of Dr Patel,and i think that he provide good treatments,you said that you have rolling scars and ice pick scars,rolling scars respond good for subcision + fillers or lasers, but you have ice pick also,so i think subcision and fractional co2 laser will be good for you, Dr Patel provide total fx laser (deep fx + active fx) this one is so good , deep fx work for deep scars and actve fx for texture and tone,i hope that will help you, :)

MemberMember
(@brucelee)

Posted : 02/19/2013 12:17 pm

Thank you brother !

did you have any of the lasers you talked about or subcision with any success ?

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 02/19/2013 4:03 pm

On 2/19/2013 at 11:17 PM, brucelee said:

Thank you brother !

did you have any of the lasers you talked about or subcision with any success ?

u r welcome, no the total fx laser not available here in egypt, and also subcision. but i saw good results for pepole did them like dragz (mixto laser +subcision) or tokyogirl (deep fx laser)

you're living in london?, so i think that you must see also dr khan , ernestoria's results are so impressive

MemberMember
(@brucelee)

Posted : 02/19/2013 5:23 pm

Yes I live in London_ I heard bad things about DR Khan so im not sure to use him

MemberMember
(@mooneboy)

Posted : 04/13/2013 9:33 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I'm working endless hrs and had to postpone my follow up treatment.

So its 6 months since my Infini Treatment and I can see an improvement in areas where it has tightened my skin, certainly worth considering has an alternative option to laser. I've booked a treatment of DEEP FX and ACTIVE FX in early May with Dr Patel, so hopefully that will make a significant difference to the deep scars.

Here are some recent pictures of my skin since the Infini treatment, see below

post-186329-0-41239900-1365905382_thumb.

post-186329-0-39637100-1365905436_thumb.

post-186329-0-77801200-1365905749_thumb.

AlexWong liked
MemberMember
(@mooneboy)

Posted : 05/03/2013 6:10 pm

HI All,

I had my Deep FX treatment yesterday with Dr Patel, which isn't the most painful experience I've endured in my life, however its one I'll never forget. As they say no pain no gain, I just hope the pain delivers the results.

So, the preparation is straight forward, I had an anaesthetic applied (switch was more like an antistatic swipe) and another anaesthetic cream was heavily applied and then covered in cling film for 45 mins.

I'm a pretty tough lad, (can take good thump) as talented a Surgeon as Dr Patel is, Deep FX hurts and you need to be ready for it!! My little Irish Legs were jumping all over the place I was doing the fecking River Dance on the doctors chair!! I just kept talking through it and envisaging how my skin will look in 3 months time. Dr Patel contemplated on not having Active FX Treatment afterwards as it prolongs the healing process, however I opted for it and I'm glad I did now as 24hrs later my skin isn't looking as bad as anticipated. After the laser treatment was completed I used a cooling machine (Dr Patel doesn't use this during the course of the laser treatment as it can effect with the precision of the beam - as I said before this guy knows his stuff!!). A heavy lair of Vaseline was applied to the treated area and I was good to go, walking down through Golders Green looking like a freak show!!!

Here are some pictures of the treated area right after having DEEP FX followed by images of my skins completion earlier today.

See gallery link:

AlexWong liked
MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 05/06/2013 1:57 pm

Thanks for the update Mooneboy, let us know how your healing goes and improvements!

MemberMember
(@mooneboy)

Posted : 05/08/2013 5:02 am

Its now 6 days since my Deep FX laser treatment and I'm 90% healed now. So far the results are pretty amazing....... I have to also understand that it takes 3-4 weeks to really estimate its success.... however I'm very happy and can see a difference.

The interesting thing about Infini is that it doesn't start to really show any difference until 2-3 months later, before I had my DEEP FX I started to notice a difference in my skin and I think it actually had a huge role in making my Deep FX work so well. Infini damages the skin's deeper layers and that takes time to heal. Dr, Patel said that he would need to use a number of different methods to improve my skin and I think Subcission, TCA and Infini definitely worked however Deep FX really made a huge difference! I had a deep crevasse on my left cheek which has now faded away and my ice pick scars aren't as visible now, see pics below which were taken 5 days after my Deep FX treatement:

post-186329-0-27484000-1368007685.jpg

post-186329-0-10090600-1368007696.jpg

post-186329-0-57001800-1368007706.jpg

MemberMember
(@rae18)

Posted : 05/08/2013 9:25 pm

Hii, does the infini affect in tightening of your pores? I have enlarged pores and scars on my nose and cheeks and dr suggest me to have infini lucrotix rf.. now i am really concern with my pores, it really disgust me.. :'(

MemberMember
(@mooneboy)

Posted : 05/10/2013 6:35 am

That's pretty much what Infini is for, it damages the deeper layers of skin to make it repair the area. I think Active FX might actually be a good option too as it removes the outer layer of skin. its very straight forward for you, unlike me and many others who have enough holes to play golf on our faces!

MemberMember
(@honorable)

Posted : 06/25/2013 4:58 pm

Would love to see the latest pics if there has been any more improvement.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 07/26/2013 8:55 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@mooneboy)

Posted : 02/17/2014 7:01 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of update regarding my acne scar treatment. For the past year I haven't had much time to continue with the journey of improving my scars. My last treat was Total FX with Dr Patel in May 2013 and I'm now scheduled to have another course of treatment next week, which will either be Deep FX on specific scars OR Enerjet, last resort might be Juverderm, My main concern is the downtime, with TOTAL FX you need 3 days to recover and in my line of work I simply can't afford to take that amount of time out.

So I have attached a variation of recent pictures in different shades of light, which give an indication of the shear intense scaring I have from acne. So you guys might be able advise which treatment you personally think I should consider for my next procedure.

See pics below:

post-186329-0-20848400-1392680461.jpg

post-186329-0-40477900-1392680462.jpg

post-186329-0-72466600-1392680466.jpg

post-186329-0-10823500-1392680468.jpg

post-186329-0-48850900-1392680469.jpg

MemberMember
(@bioneedle)

Posted : 02/17/2014 8:07 pm

These are recent pictures? Your skin looks far worse than it did before.