Do I Have Cystic Ac...

Notifications
Clear all

Do I Have Cystic Acne? Pic Included.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 11/09/2012 3:21 pm

I have been getting really painful under the skin bumps. They're really hard to the touch and swollen and itch. Antibiotics don't seem to be doing much. I wonder if it's from my hormones. Is this cystic acne? I have no idea! any advice much appreciated.

post-187402-0-25066500-1352492274_thumb.

post-187402-0-25066500-1352492274_thumb.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/09/2012 3:25 pm

Yes Ma'am, unfortunately. They aren't the worst of the worst of cysts, of course. They are very mild, actually. But the type of acne they are is in fact cysts, mainly because you say they are painful, under the skin and ITCHY. As a fellow sufferer of the same thing, I feel your pain, and yes, I very much so believe cystic acne is most often related to food intolerances or hormone levels: i.e., NOT bacteria.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 11/09/2012 3:35 pm

Yes Ma'am, unfortunately. They aren't the worst of the worst of cysts, of course. They are very mild, actually. But the type of acne they are is in fact cysts, mainly because you say they are painful, under the skin and ITCHY. As a fellow sufferer of the same thing, I feel your pain, and yes, I very much so believe cystic acne is most often related to food intolerances or hormone levels: i.e., NOT bacteria.

Thanks Ind1go, I thought so. Have you had any success with treatments?

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 11/09/2012 8:50 pm

i have the same. yours are fairly light (i have more and more red marks too)

i seem to be having some okay luck right now with complete gluten removal, low caffeine, low alcohol, exercise and clindisol cream.

i do dans regimen but in the morning i use the clinidol instead of the BP

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 11/11/2012 12:19 pm

Cystic acne is the worst. It terrifies me. I wish i knew why it occured in me. I believe it could be hormones but who knows. I've heard that only really accutane is sucessful at getting rid of cysts?

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/16/2012 10:36 am

Thanks Ind1go, I thought so. Have you had any success with treatments?

Well- the acne.org regimen completely cleared up my acne, but I quit because I can't stand the thought of being dependent on chemicals. I want to get to the cause. I am almost positive my acne is 100% hormonal....I have noticed things like coffee and soy (hormone disruptive things) make me break out, and I am looking into how to balance hormones naturally.

Something that did help (to a certain extent) with the number of cysts is drinking apple cider vinegar before each meal, taking a probiotic on an empty stomach at night, cod liver oil (has vitamin a and d), supplementing with vitamin E, eliminating gluten, cooking with coconut oil because we NEED good fats to help acne, dairy and unnecessary sugars, drinking lots of pure water NOT in plastic, using a ph balanced face wash, and an apple cider vinegar toner.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 11/26/2012 7:09 am

Hi,I am new to this site,it seems you have a mild complaint compared to mine, but all talk is about cure not prevention,yes there is the usual items about dairy products,wheat allergies etc.

To give you a brief background of my allergy,that gave me a huge spot/cyst every other week from the age of 15 until 25,it was a chemical used in food products, sauces and even in prescription tablets.

My weekly huge spot stopped making it's unwelcome appearance on my face when at the age of 25 I moved cities,hence no more mother's cooking,I lived on fried food,but remarkably the big/cystic spot never appeared any more,but on visits home it returned.

I had found my personal poison which I stopped consuming and have had a clear complexion for 30 years now,getting caught out once or twice a year,when I unwittingly eat a chemical that I was allergic to.

Now surely it's more than likely that a small % of you share the same allergy as me,as I don't claim to have found a prevention for every type of acne.

Your thoughts please.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 11/28/2012 11:28 am

Hi,I am new to this site,it seems you have a mild complaint compared to mine, but all talk is about cure not prevention,yes there is the usual items about dairy products,wheat allergies etc.

To give you a brief background of my allergy,that gave me a huge spot/cyst every other week from the age of 15 until 25,it was a chemical used in food products, sauces and even in prescription tablets.

My weekly huge spot stopped making it's unwelcome appearance on my face when at the age of 25 I moved cities,hence no more mother's cooking,I lived on fried food,but remarkably the big/cystic spot never appeared any more,but on visits home it returned.

I had found my personal poison which I stopped consuming and have had a clear complexion for 30 years now,getting caught out once or twice a year,when I unwittingly eat a chemical that I was allergic to.

Now surely it's more than likely that a small % of you share the same allergy as me,as I don't claim to have found a prevention for every type of acne.

Your thoughts please.

Well interestingly, i did take a food allergy test that came back postive this week. (I have to pay to find out what i'm allergic too though - it quite expensive!) I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my acne but it's worth a try. Otherwise, my derm wants to give me roaccutane.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 11/28/2012 3:53 pm

On 11/28/2012 at 10:28 PM, Miss Soloist said:
On 11/26/2012 at 6:09 PM, kasyani said:

Your thoughts please.

Well interestingly, i did take a food allergy test that came back postive this week. (I have to pay to find out what i'm allergic too though - it quite expensive!) I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my acne but it's worth a try. Otherwise, my derm wants to give me roaccutane.

I know for a fact what gives me a large painful spot,always an isolated one,only on my face,no little ones or rash to compliment it'although I don't know the chemical name or number,this chemical can be found in things that you add boiling water ,that gives you an instant meal,you will know these products living in the UK.

Pot noodles,cup a soup,schwartz/colemans mix in sauces,gravy/coffee granules,instant tea and lots more,basically anything granular,it's pure chemicals made in labratory,these chemicals are added to some prescription tablets.Used in chinese takeaways and many fast food outlet and restaurants use these chemical granules to make sauces.

I have helped a couple of relatives and a few people on yahoo answers,but not everyone has the same allergy/intolerence as me and maybe you,I certainly don't think what I call acne,small red spots,rash,bad complexion and scarring,infact I have had this problem for over 30 years and still get caught out at least once a year and have stuck needles deep down trying to get to the pus and have even sliced the huge spot open with a razor blade and have no scars at all.

I hope you have the same allergy/intolerence as me,if so you can avoid these spots,prevention instead of cure.

e mail me if you want [Removed]

MemberMember
(@perseverant)

Posted : 11/28/2012 4:48 pm

I do believe your diet plays a specific role in your acne, but it doesn't play the main role.

Most people haven't had the best diet growing up, and my diet was worse when I was younger, before I started puberty, and it was also a poor diet after.

I've never had the best diet, but if your diet was the main reason why you break out, then you would have been breaking out before puberty as well.

Hormones and genes are the top culprits for why you even have acne in the first place, not food.

Now, the "specific" role that food has with your skin..is that it can improve your skin in many ways if you're eating good foods,

but it is not going to cure your acne. If you're eating bad food though, or if you're allergic to something in the food, or just the food itself, then yes

it could make your acne conditions worse, but it will never be the sole cause of it.

It doesn't take a scientist to figure it out. I've had a poor diet for as long as I could remember, but what I've noticed that no matter how good or bad I eat,

it doesn't seem to truly reflect on my skin, maybe my overall health, but not solely my skin.

For example, this past year I had amazing skin, I never thought so because being myself, I never would truly like the way I look and I've always been

pessimistic about my looks, but now looking back at the pictures of my skin from the previous year/months, my skin was basically flawless.

I'd have an occasional breakout, rarely ever had cysts, and if I did, it'd only be one rarely, and it'd go away quickly.

My diet consisted of basically dairy. I'd rarely have breakfast, ate a lot of pizza every day, and a lot of junk food too.

I've always loved dairy, and being that dairy is said to make you break out,

you'd think that my skin would be bad like it is now, but on the contrary, it was not looking bad considering I was still a teenager then.

And after several months of having fabulous skin, I started breaking out in August SEVERELY, which happened a few months after I moved in with my boyfriend at the end of May.

My skin went from completely clear to the most severe, out of control, painful, acne that I have ever had in my entire 18 years of life.

My boyfriend thinks it might have happened all of the sudden because of either 1.) the water in our apartment 2.) I stopped growing (which makes hormones do crazy stuff also)

I have used the water this month to cleanse my skin, and my skin kind of got better, but it's getting worse again, and I'm also taking Doxycycline..so yeah.

Sorry that I made this reply a lot about me, but I was mainly trying to show you all that although a person may eat healthy or eat terribly,

acne is not a result of the food you eat, and I'm living proof of that.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 11/29/2012 2:42 am

I do believe your diet plays a specific role in your acne, but it doesn't play the main role.

Most people haven't had the best diet growing up, and my diet was worse when I was younger, before I started puberty, and it was also a poor diet after.

I've never had the best diet, but if your diet was the main reason why you break out, then you would have been breaking out before puberty as well.

Hormones and genes are the top culprits for why you even have acne in the first place, not food.

Now, the "specific" role that food has with your skin..is that it can improve your skin in many ways if you're eating good foods,

but it is not going to cure your acne. If you're eating bad food though, or if you're allergic to something in the food, or just the food itself, then yes

it could make your acne conditions worse, but it will never be the sole cause of it.

It doesn't take a scientist to figure it out. I've had a poor diet for as long as I could remember, but what I've noticed that no matter how good or bad I eat,

it doesn't seem to truly reflect on my skin, maybe my overall health, but not solely my skin.

For example, this past year I had amazing skin, I never thought so because being myself, I never would truly like the way I look and I've always been

pessimistic about my looks, but now looking back at the pictures of my skin from the previous year/months, my skin was basically flawless.

I'd have an occasional breakout, rarely ever had cysts, and if I did, it'd only be one rarely, and it'd go away quickly.

My diet consisted of basically dairy. I'd rarely have breakfast, ate a lot of pizza every day, and a lot of junk food too.

you'd think that my skin would be bad like it is now, but on the contrary, it was not looking bad considering I was still a teenager then.

And after several months of having fabulous skin, I started breaking out in August SEVERELY, which happened a few months after I moved in with my boyfriend at the end of May.

My skin went from completely clear to the most severe, out of control, painful, acne that I have ever had in my entire 18 years of life.

My boyfriend thinks it might have happened all of the sudden because of either 1.) the water in our apartment 2.) I stopped growing (which makes hormones do crazy stuff also)

I have used the water this month to cleanse my skin, and my skin kind of got better, but it's getting worse again, and I'm also taking Doxycycline..so yeah.

Sorry that I made this reply a lot about me, but I was mainly trying to show you all that although a person may eat healthy or eat terribly,

" a person may eat healthy or eat terribly,

acne is not a result of the food you eat",

you're on the right track,eating say fried food everyday,won't neccesarily guarantee a spot,likewise consuming ONLY cabbage and drinking water everyday,won't guarantee a healthy complexion or cure acne,acne as I define it is lots of small red spots,horrible rash and an unhealthy complexion.but what about us who have a healthy complexion but suffer from big isolated spots,which plauge us fthroughout adulthood,while acne can disappear in adulthood.

So in my case as well as yours,except the opposite way around,you say that the problem reoccured when you moved home,while mine disappeared when I moved home,in my case my diet changed from healthy food to fried food,but when I ate adain at my mother's home on visits,result a biig spot,so I finally discovered after a couple of years,eating certain products that have enhanced flavouring which is an added chemical made in a labortory to which I have an intolerance and so my daughter,we both avoid these chemicals at all cost,problem solved.

So I would guess (if you have the same condition/allergy/intolarance as me) that you are eating or drinking a different packaged product now you live with your boyfriend that causes your breakouts like me and I'm living proof of that.

Why don't you put my findings to the test by eating exactly the same food as you did before you moved into your boyfriends home and drinking the same coffee/tea etc as before (considering that medicines contain these chemicals as well) and not even tasting a spoonful of your boyfriends cooking,

MemberMember
(@perseverant)

Posted : 11/29/2012 11:04 am

" a person may eat healthy or eat terribly,

acne is not a result of the food you eat",

you're on the right track,eating say fried food everyday,won't neccesarily guarantee a spot,likewise consuming ONLY cabbage and drinking water everyday,won't guarantee a healthy complexion or cure acne,acne as I define it is lots of small red spots,horrible rash and an unhealthy complexion.but what about us who have a healthy complexion but suffer from big isolated spots,which plauge us fthroughout adulthood,while acne can disappear in adulthood.

So in my case as well as yours,except the opposite way around,you say that the problem reoccured when you moved home,while mine disappeared when I moved home,in my case my diet changed from healthy food to fried food,but when I ate adain at my mother's home on visits,result a biig spot,so I finally discovered after a couple of years,eating certain products that have enhanced flavouring which is an added chemical made in a labortory to which I have an intolerance and so my daughter,we both avoid these chemicals at all cost,problem solved.

So I would guess (if you have the same condition/allergy/intolarance as me) that you are eating or drinking a different packaged product now you live with your boyfriend that causes your breakouts like me and I'm living proof of that.

Why don't you put my findings to the test by eating exactly the same food as you did before you moved into your boyfriends home and drinking the same coffee/tea etc as before (considering that medicines contain these chemicals as well) and not even tasting a spoonful of your boyfriends cooking,

I definitely see your point Kasyani! It would seem that if I ate exactly the same as I did back at home with my parents when my skin was clear for a long time, then it could show improvement, but the problem is that most of the food my mom fed me at home, were products sold by a specific company in that region and I feel a lot better in general by limiting dairy products from my diet, I still eat dairy sometimes, but never again will I eat an entire pizza every day with mozzarella stix and other junk foods and dairies. I do remember a long time ago (4 years or more), I took a picture of my face on my old laptop and months-years later I looked at that picture, and my skin was horrible on my forehead with cysts, and although it was not as bad as my severe acne now, it is the closest thing to it. So I wonder if it's just my hormones changing again and acting up on me? It's really hard to tell. My regimen with my face: I use a Dr. Jeannette Graf foaming cleanser that my mom mailed me, and it's an anti-aging cleanser, but it does the job of basic cleaning too..so I guess it helps me from aging too, and then I use Neutrogena All-in-1 Acne control spot treatment which has soy and Vitamin A in it, along with Salicylic acid 1%. I feel that a cleanser/topical treatment, feels good on my skin when I don't rub away all the deadskin and flakes that I see, and when I rarely exfoiliate. I'm just a mess lol. Here's a few pictures of my terrible acne from this November, I took the first picture November 2nd (when it was at it's worse), and I took the second picture November 27th. (Excuse how nasty I look, I usually never put makeup on or do my hair when I stay in (which is a lot) haha.)

tumblr_mcvdf16CtJ1r0yodk.jpg

tumblr_me6jomA0NK1r0yodk.jpg

You'll notice in comparison of the two pictures that my acne I previously had on November 2nd, calmed down in size and redness, I think those are scars now, but the active acne I have are all the blackheads all over my face which is hard to see, but one of the blackheads on my nose, as you can see, turned into a red pimple. I also have a new cyst on the top center of my forehead, a lot of the red/dark marks on my face are no longer active acne, they are scars..but they don't make my complexion look good at all lol.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 11/29/2012 11:49 am

perserverant - would you ever use accutane to clear up your skin? I've been recommended it but I'm scared to take it. Supposed to start January time.

Kasyani - thanks for your advice. I'll definately look into the diet side of it. I'll admit i'm not 100% sure it could all be attributed to diet but it's worth looking into even if it improves things a bit.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 11/29/2012 12:00 pm

If you look under the title "first under the skin cyst"and scroll down to a photo of Murph 82,

(I am convinced that I could help Murph)this is what I suffer from,but the spot will be much bigger and fiercer,yours unfortunately affects your whole face,so I'm not sure that we suffer from the same complaint,however we might do,when I drank coffee granules a few times a day for a couple of weeks I was getting a few spots,changing to coffee powder my face returned to normal.

As I live in the UK,the chemical I find in food/sauce/drinks products will have a different brand name,but basically it is usually something that is granular form and you add boiling water to activate,over here it is pot noodles,cup a soup,instant noodles/rice/tea,granular packet mix in sauces etc,I am not sure but think you have a product in the US called ramen,which is granular,has your diet changed that you might be consuming similar.

Consuming these chemicals fom the age of 15 to 26,I suffered terribly,moving home and no longer eating these chemicals, my face has been clear for nearly 30 years, but about once a year after accidently eating these chemicals,I would get a big spot.

But recently the doctor put me on tablets(tablets are full of chemicals) for blood pressure and the problem reoccured,so I now have them in liquid form.

So what Iam hoping is you have exactly the same intolerance as me and my daughter,if not,the fact that you have this problem and it dissappeared only to return again,suggests that you could be allergic to another similar product.

When I had a bad of couple of months a few year(it turned out after all to be a sauce from a fast food place) I went on a controlled diet,ie only fresh food,fresh meat/vegatables/fruit/bread and drinking only cold water,NOTHING else at all,no tablets either,

so don't give up,give it a try,suspect everything,even the products you apply to your face,saying that I can see from the photos,they appear to be working.

Let us know please what if anything you decide to cut out.

perserverant - would you ever use accutane to clear up your skin? I've been recommended it but I'm scared to take it. Supposed to start January time.

Kasyani - thanks for your advice. I'll definately look into the diet side of it. I'll admit i'm not 100% sure it could all be attributed to diet but it's worth looking into even if it improves things a bit.

MemberMember
(@perseverant)

Posted : 11/29/2012 12:28 pm

Oh boy, you don't even know how willing I am to take Accutane! I'd take it in a heartbeat if it meant clearing up my skin, even despite the risks! The only problem is I'm on my mom's insurance still, and I live 3 hrs away from here (in the same state), but I rarely go back home where a Dermatologist is, and my mom doesn't think that her insurance covers Accutane, and she's not exactly wealthy..nor am I lol, The risks can be bad and the symptoms too, but my boyfriend who took it when he was a teenager (he's 23 now), he came out of the treatment successfully cleared up and he had bad cysts too. I think it'd help with my acne, because it diminishes/gets rid of your sebaceous glands. I'm not sure if it works all over on your body or just on your face, because my boyfriend's severe cystic acne cleared up on his face, but he still gets cysts on his chest and back. Who knows. O_O But I would definitely consider taking Accutane, even if it made my lips cracked and dry, which I'd use chap stick for, and even if it makes me more sensitive to sunlight, I'm already sensitive to sunlight..and I barely go outside so Accutane is pretty much the closest thing to a cure, unless you go to Australia and get a different treatment, where you get Sebaceous Gland Ablation (removes most or all sebaceous glands but in a less harmful way with light technology). Too bad I live in America..lol. So yeah, I'd take any risks that come with Accutane, if they ever were to occur, I'd rather be happy and have clear skin on my face for the rest of my life with possible risks/side effects, than to be miserable the rest of my life with acne and ridding a lot of foods from my diet in order to experiment to get rid of it, amongst doing other things to achieve clear skin. :P

If you look under the title "first under the skin cyst"and scroll down to a photo of Murph 82,

(I am convinced that I could help Murph)this is what I suffer from,but the spot will be much bigger and fiercer,yours unfortunately affects your whole face,so I'm not sure that we suffer from the same complaint,however we might do,when I drank coffee granules a few times a day for a couple of weeks I was getting a few spots,changing to coffee powder my face returned to normal.

As I live in the UK,the chemical I find in food/sauce/drinks products will have a different brand name,but basically it is usually something that is granular form and you add boiling water to activate,over here it is pot noodles,cup a soup,instant noodles/rice/tea,granular packet mix in sauces etc,I am not sure but think you have a product in the US called ramen,which is granular,has your diet changed that you might be consuming similar.

Consuming these chemicals fom the age of 15 to 26,I suffered terribly,moving home and no longer eating these chemicals, my face has been clear for nearly 30 years, but about once a year after accidently eating these chemicals,I would get a big spot.

But recently the doctor put me on tablets(tablets are full of chemicals) for blood pressure and the problem reoccured,so I now have them in liquid form.

So what Iam hoping is you have exactly the same intolerance as me and my daughter,if not,the fact that you have this problem and it dissappeared only to return again,suggests that you could be allergic to another similar product.

When I had a bad of couple of months a few year(it turned out after all to be a sauce from a fast food place) I went on a controlled diet,ie only fresh food,fresh meat/vegatables/fruit/bread and drinking only cold water,NOTHING else at all,no tablets either,

so don't give up,give it a try,suspect everything,even the products you apply to your face,saying that I can see from the photos,they appear to be working.

I don't believe that diet has anything to do with it,otherwise we could all eat 5 cabbages a day and nothing else and drink cabbage water,then nobody in the world would have a spot.I know in my case and my daughters(but not my son) that it's an allergy/intolerance to chemcal additives in certain food/sauces,drinks tablets etc,I am just so happy that I could tell my daughter when she was 14 what things to avoid.

It's funny that you mention Ramen noodles, because I have ate some bowls of it around the time I broke out, but it wouldn't explain why I'm still breaking out, because I'm not eating that anymore. I noticed that in spots that I have acne prone skin or acne in general, it's the most oily in those spots, but the one clear and smooth area on my skin which is on the lower part of my left cheek never gets oily and never breaks out. Another funny thing is I used to never break out on my cheeks or nose, and now I do. My most acne prone area used to be chin and forehead and rarely in between my eyebrows, but now it's mainly...everywhere. I'll update when I see improvements or a downgrade. Lets hope it's not a downgrade..lord knows my skin is already bad enough lol.

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 11/29/2012 9:13 pm

alot of packaged foods contain gluten. have you tried removing gluten for at least 4-6 weeks?

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 11/30/2012 5:12 am

Oh boy, you don't even know how willing I am to take Accutane! I'd take it in a heartbeat if it meant clearing up my skin, even despite the risks! The only problem is I'm on my mom's insurance still, and I live 3 hrs away from here (in the same state), but I rarely go back home where a Dermatologist is, and my mom doesn't think that her insurance covers Accutane, and she's not exactly wealthy..nor am I lol, The risks can be bad and the symptoms too, but my boyfriend who took it when he was a teenager (he's 23 now), he came out of the treatment successfully cleared up and he had bad cysts too. I think it'd help with my acne, because it diminishes/gets rid of your sebaceous glands. I'm not sure if it works all over on your body or just on your face, because my boyfriend's severe cystic acne cleared up on his face, but he still gets cysts on his chest and back. Who knows. saywhat.gif But I would definitely consider taking Accutane, even if it made my lips cracked and dry, which I'd use chap stick for, and even if it makes me more sensitive to sunlight, I'm already sensitive to sunlight..and I barely go outside so Accutane is pretty much the closest thing to a cure, unless you go to Australia and get a different treatment, where you get Sebaceous Gland Ablation (removes most or all sebaceous glands but in a less harmful way with light technology). Too bad I live in America..lol. So yeah, I'd take any risks that come with Accutane, if they ever were to occur, I'd rather be happy and have clear skin on my face for the rest of my life with possible risks/side effects, than to be miserable the rest of my life with acne and ridding a lot of foods from my diet in order to experiment to get rid of it, amongst doing other things to achieve clear skin. tongue.png

I don't believe that diet has anything to do with it,otherwise we could all eat 5 cabbages a day and nothing else and drink cabbage water,then nobody in the world would have a spot.I know in my case and my daughters(but not my son) that it's an allergy/intolerance to chemcal additives in certain food/sauces,drinks tablets etc,I am just so happy that I could tell my daughter when she was 14 what things to avoid.

It's funny that you mention Ramen noodles, because I have ate some bowls of it around the time I broke out, but it wouldn't explain why I'm still breaking out, because I'm not eating that anymore. I noticed that in spots that I have acne prone skin or acne in general, it's the most oily in those spots, but the one clear and smooth area on my skin which is on the lower part of my left cheek never gets oily and never breaks out. Another funny thing is I used to never break out on my cheeks or nose, and now I do. My most acne prone area used to be chin and forehead and rarely in between my eyebrows, but now it's mainly...everywhere. I'll update when I see improvements or a downgrade. Lets hope it's not a downgrade..lord knows my skin is already bad enough lol.

maybe the ramen triggered your acne and you are consuming other products that contain similar ingredients but lower doses eg if I eat instant(add boiling water to activate)foods,like a pot noodle,which sound the same as ramen,I get the severest spot within 2 or 3 days,cutting out the instant foods but eating other products with have a lower dose of the chemical, my acne would continue but less severe,thats why for years now I don't take a chance on anything I am sure of that doesn't affect me.

So you refer to a long period in your life where you were acne free or reasonably free,I think you are well onto your way to finding your poison,but maybe because the medical experts or members on here make no mention of this,you are a bit reluctant to try.

I believe,like me,only you hold the key to reversing your flare up of acne and returning to the long periods in your life when you were comfortable with your skin.

MemberMember
(@perseverant)

Posted : 11/30/2012 10:35 am

Oh boy, you don't even know how willing I am to take Accutane! I'd take it in a heartbeat if it meant clearing up my skin, even despite the risks! The only problem is I'm on my mom's insurance still, and I live 3 hrs away from here (in the same state), but I rarely go back home where a Dermatologist is, and my mom doesn't think that her insurance covers Accutane, and she's not exactly wealthy..nor am I lol, The risks can be bad and the symptoms too, but my boyfriend who took it when he was a teenager (he's 23 now), he came out of the treatment successfully cleared up and he had bad cysts too. I think it'd help with my acne, because it diminishes/gets rid of your sebaceous glands. I'm not sure if it works all over on your body or just on your face, because my boyfriend's severe cystic acne cleared up on his face, but he still gets cysts on his chest and back. Who knows. saywhat.gif But I would definitely consider taking Accutane, even if it made my lips cracked and dry, which I'd use chap stick for, and even if it makes me more sensitive to sunlight, I'm already sensitive to sunlight..and I barely go outside so Accutane is pretty much the closest thing to a cure, unless you go to Australia and get a different treatment, where you get Sebaceous Gland Ablation (removes most or all sebaceous glands but in a less harmful way with light technology). Too bad I live in America..lol. So yeah, I'd take any risks that come with Accutane, if they ever were to occur, I'd rather be happy and have clear skin on my face for the rest of my life with possible risks/side effects, than to be miserable the rest of my life with acne and ridding a lot of foods from my diet in order to experiment to get rid of it, amongst doing other things to achieve clear skin. tongue.png

maybe the ramen triggered your acne and you are consuming other products that contain similar ingredients but lower doses eg if I eat instant(add boiling water to activate)foods,like a pot noodle,which sound the same as ramen,I get the severest spot within 2 or 3 days,cutting out the instant foods but eating other products with have a lower dose of the chemical, my acne would continue but less severe,thats why for years now I don't take a chance on anything I am sure of that doesn't affect me.

So you refer to a long period in your life where you were acne free or reasonably free,I think you are well onto your way to finding your poison,but maybe because the medical experts or members on here make no mention of this,you are a bit reluctant to try.

I believe,like me,only you hold the key to reversing your flare up of acne and returning to the long periods in your life when you were comfortable with your skin.

I do believe you are on the right path with your theory of it all, and I'm sure it'd be easier to give up "instant" food, if I weren't living on a budget as an 18 year old who is also not in college haha, but I try my best to eat as close to healthy as I possibly can. My diet is lacking a lot of essential things, but for me this is all I know at that moment about food.

• 10-15 carrots a day
  • 2 apples
  • oatmeal (2-4 packets)
  • Silk Chocolate Milk
  • Cranberry Juice
  • Prune Juice
  • Flaxseed Oil Pill
  • Multi-Vitamins
  • Protein Drink
  • Poptart (1 or 2)
  • Microwaveable Plain Broccoli
  • 4-5 Cups of Water or More
  • Doxycycline Pill
  • Instant Soup...lol

It isn't the best diet, but it's all that my bf and I can afforrd, and I'm afraid to eat all the other things we have because they're not the best either.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 11/30/2012 1:24 pm

I do believe you are on the right path with your theory of it all, and I'm sure it'd be easier to give up "instant" food, if I weren't living on a budget as an 18 year old who is also not in college haha, but I try my best to eat as close to healthy as I possibly can. My diet is lacking a lot of essential things, but for me this is all I know at that moment about food.

• 10-15 carrots a day
  • 2 apples
  • oatmeal (2-4 packets)
  • Silk Chocolate Milk
  • Cranberry Juice
  • Prune Juice
  • Flaxseed Oil Pill
  • Multi-Vitamins
  • Protein Drink
  • Poptart (1 or 2)
  • Microwaveable Plain Broccoli
  • 4-5 Cups of Water or More
  • Doxycycline Pill
  • Instant Soup...lol

It isn't the best diet, but it's all that my bf and I can afforrd, and I'm afraid to eat all the other things we have because they're not the best either.

you don't have to eat healthy food,since I found my poison all those years ago I have ate very unhealthy food,hence the tablets for blood pressure and cholestoral.Stop the instant soup, that is pure poison for both of us,the rest in your list is a bit dubious ,silk chocolate milk,flaxseed oil pill,multi vitamins and the doxcycline pill,might sound strange with doxcycline prescribed for acne,the oil&multi vitamins possibly because they are meant to make you healthier,but if they contain the same or similar chemical as in ramen they will aggrivate your skin,not repair it.

I mean I ate burger and fries every other day for years and my skin was clear,it's all about wether the food or tablets you consume contain the poison that your body reacts against in the form of spots,so eat "crap" food,if that's all you can afford as long it does'nt contain any flavourings/enhancers,having a clear complexion must be top of your list,healthy food and excercise can come later as your face clears and you once again feel good about the way you look.

If I were you I'd just ditch the instant soup for now and see how it goes.

MemberMember
(@perseverant)

Posted : 11/30/2012 1:34 pm

I agree with you completely, I started eating the instant soup because I was sick and soup makes me feel better and I'm still sick so it's been refreshing lol. I'm about to post my story line that lead up to possible things I did to make my acne get horrible from August-til now. I'm going to post it soon too so you should check it out and tell me what you think of it. :)