Notifications
Clear all

"i Dont Feel Worthy Enough To Be Looked At"

MemberMember
(@hiimmatt)

Posted : 11/08/2012 10:34 pm

I heard this quote randomly, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I definitely feel this way all the time, no one knows it because I try to hide things like this. Anyone else feel like this?

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 11/08/2012 11:20 pm

all the time bro. And I think the solution lies within the quote itself: "I don't feel...."... with the emphasis on the "I". We are the ones that put that stipulation upon ourselves. And it is up to us to change the "I feel" part.

We are our own worse enemy! And it takes a serious amount of positive reinforcement to outgrow that feeling. Hang in there man!!!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/09/2012 10:59 am

ya basically i feel bad for anyone who has to look at my face for more than 30 seconds like what r they thinking?? like ignore me already...sheesh

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 11/09/2012 10:49 pm

You HAVE TO LEARN to love yourself and love your life!!!

Believe me, you'll get through this difficult time in your life. I was once where you are now. I felt once, how you feel now. But I didn't give-up hope! NOR SHOULD YOU!!!

My experience with acne has given me lots of compassion for people and I've developed great inner strength and courage. Yes, there are lots of times when you're in pain and deep sadness...but stick with it...don't give-up! Keep researching acne cures and remedies and TRY them until you get acne free (and you WILL!!). I have conquered acne but it took me a looooooooooooong time. I wish someone told me back in my teens to simply go 100% healthy, raw, organic vegan (no dairy, no meat, no fish, no eggs): i.e. drink freshly made vegetable/ fruit super juices, eat superfoods like avocado/ green spinach salad leaves/ beetroot/ carrot/ continental parsley etc/ nuts/ seeds/ sea vegetables/ peas/ chickpeas/ lentils/ hummus/ tahini/ tempeh/ nutritional yeast/ seasalt/ stevia etc, cut down on gluten/ candida inducing foods (no sugar - use vegan substitute sweetners), add lots of organic oils like flaxseed oil/ extra virgin olive oil/ chia sees to my food, add superfoods to my fresh juices like Chlorella/ Chlorophyl and Spirulina; use herbal/ mineral toothpaste (fluoride is bad for health & skin); use seasalt washes only and crystal alum on my skin and later apply 100% tea tree oil on my skin (and 100% lavender oil directly on my acne / spots), exercise, get plenty of direct vitamin D sunshine daily (without burning or sunscreen) and only allow positive people that uplift my spirit into my life. Basically, if I had done these things way back then, I would have had zero acne in my teens and saved myself many years of suffering!!! But now you know what would be beneficial. I hope you give this a go, at least for 30-days and see if you have any skin improvement. Just research on how to become a healthy vegan and eat well. Vegan food is DELICIOUS & NUTRITIOUS!!!

Also, post-acne, if you have scars, look into skin needling/ rolling (see www.clearskincare.com.au) with Copper Serum and Vitamin C, using glycolic acid 35% peels (go to a salon/ dermatologist first few times before trying at home and use sparingly...NOTE, this might make you break-out first few times but then heals, improves scars and skin texture), take a good multivitamin/ mineral, drink purified spring water (not tap water), don't drink alcohol/ tea/ coffee and you WILL attain healthy skin. Also, don't forget to nourish/ moisterize your skin. Scars and bad skin quality are caused by dehydrated skin, so use either hyaluronic acid (www.clearskincare.com.au) or if your body isn't allegic to it, try a miniscule amout of Nivea creme (it's intensive though...I recommend it for people post acne that are trying to heal red marks/ scarring and rehydrate severly damage skin cells as a result of ab(using) Benzoyl Peroxide (BP IS VERY TOXIC TO YOUR BODY & SKIN - DON'T USE IT!!!). Basically, stick to natural remedies not toxic chemcials if you want good skin & health long-term.

PS To get clearer skin faster, try fasting once a week by eating only organic grapes or organic apples and drinking purified water. This will help leech the toxins out of your body and help your body repair itself from environmental toxins. You should also induce sweat by exercise or using a sauna. Do this once a week if you can (or at least exercise for 1 hour once/ twice a week). Some toxins can only be expelled through the skin.

PPS Here's a great website about reversing illness/ ill health (including life-threatening ones) & getting healthy - well - happy and inspired to live & be your best (as well how to become a healthy vegan and how to eat a healthy plant based diet): http://www.thewellnesswarrior.com.au

Best

AS

"In isolation and darkness a butterfly grows its wings...."

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 11/10/2012 6:45 pm

I feel this way pretty often. Sometimes it makes it hard for me to make eye contact with people. It's like I don't want them to suffer through having to look at a scarred up face like mine, lol. You just have to teach yourself to have confidence though...if you act like an outsider with acne, that's how people are going to treat you. You gotta hold your head up and high and put yourself out there, and you'll find out quickly that people will accept you without even a second thought about your skin. It's getting down too deeply into your own head that makes you think that people are judging your skin...trust me I've been there, and it's a road towards nowhere.

MemberMember
(@carp351)

Posted : 11/14/2012 5:20 pm

Same here bro I even hide from my family members on natural lightning.

I never feel like I am myself.

I feel this way pretty often. Sometimes it makes it hard for me to make eye contact with people. It's like I don't want them to suffer through having to look at a scarred up face like mine, lol. You just have to teach yourself to have confidence though...if you act like an outsider with acne, that's how people are going to treat you. You gotta hold your head up and high and put yourself out there, and you'll find out quickly that people will accept you without even a second thought about your skin. It's getting down too deeply into your own head that makes you think that people are judging your skin...trust me I've been there, and it's a road towards nowhere.

MemberMember
(@adhpn7)

Posted : 11/19/2012 4:55 pm

I feel ashamed when people look at me as well. I feel like they're thinking negative thoughts about my face and how crooked it is.

MemberMember
(@hum12)

Posted : 11/19/2012 6:25 pm

I feel like this to I just feel so disgusting I'm getting married in a few months Ive been with my bf for 7 and a half years and I'm just so ashamed to show him my real face I can't help but to access my skin every 5 mins thinking a miracle will happen and it will change I just can't take this anymore and accutane is defo not a route I want to put myself through

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/19/2012 10:50 pm

I feel invisible so often. Sometimes I think people avoid looking at me because I am so ugly. It's probably not true, but it's a bad symptom of my anxiety disorder whenever it flares up. The funny thing is, if people DO look at me, I think they're looking for a bad reason.

it's just been so long since I've felt pretty.

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/20/2012 9:18 pm

Acne affects us so deeply. It's frustrating that so much of the world doesn't seem to understand it.

I want to give you all big hugs right now. injured.gif