Notifications
Clear all

Is This A Cyst On My Nose? I Need Help

MemberMember
(@neilryan15)

Posted : 11/07/2012 8:57 pm

Hey everyone,

Im new to the community & am currently seeking advice on how to treat this annoying spot on my nose.. I rarely get any pimples but this 'thing' on my nose flared up 2 months ago & hasnt gone away since. At first it was a big red pimple then after a little over a month developed into this "mark" on my nose. Can anyone out there identify what exactly this is & help me with how to deal with it. I wash my face twice a day & also use lemon juice to slowly fade away the pigmentation. If worst comes to worst i was planning on going to the dermatologist to get it removed. I use neutrogena spot treatment on my nose as well. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Here's a picture of my situation, thanks to all!

IMG_20121106_173120.jpg

IMG_20121107_195037.jpg

IMG_20121106_154411.jpg

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/07/2012 11:24 pm

Touch it. Does it hurt? If it doesn't, it may potentially be fungus.

You may have to get it removed. It looks like a combination of possibly oil, dead skin, nerves, and a few other things.

Your body's system must be very powerful - you have good skin. I think this formation, however, is diet related.

Are you filipino by chance? I have a few friends that are filipino who have the same condition on their nose. I ask about ethnicity because I theorize that race will be important in treating acne in the future.

I really don't think you're about to break out into huge giant zits. It's just some skin formation and tissue that actually has blood vessels and nerves. I had a similar spot on my left nostril, but it was more like one bump instead of several. It wasn't colored, and it would fall off every now and then but grow back, as if that region has some sort of programmed growth. I'm guessing any connection my skin has to it has been severed after it fell off numerous times whenever I'd get done washing my face or exfoliating.

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 11/07/2012 11:56 pm

1. If it's been there for over 2 months then that sounds like some kind of skin growth-- like mentioned above ^-- keep in mind bumps or strange lumps of skin tissue can form after skin trauma (injury).

2. Or... It could be a very slow developing boil- but normally they are symmetrical in growth- very red and normally painful.

3. There are also various forms of skin tags you might look into.

4. And worst case scenario (not to alarm you) it might be skin cancer.

In any case- i'd advise seeing a dermatologist about it for clarification and mainly to put your mind at ease.

MemberMember
(@neilryan15)

Posted : 11/08/2012 12:55 am

@jarrit

There's no pain at all when I touch it, & I certainly am Filipino. However, this isn't the first time I've had a pimple in that region of my nose. In the past that same exact spot i experienced a pimple but never lasting this long...Do you advice me to just see a dermatologist? Also, what procedures do you think I'll have to go through to completely remove this? Hope its not too pricey..

I'm really thankful for the feedback though guys this has been bothering me for such a long time & i want to get rid of it before the holidays come around

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/08/2012 1:57 am

Hey, I do suggest you see a dermatologist. If they're competent enough, they will probably be able to classify what exactly it is.

I still maintain that it is a type of scar tissue that developed because of oily skin and enlarged pores. The skin cells seem to have formed a network around a pore and blood vessels and nerves have grown into it.

MemberMember
(@neilryan15)

Posted : 11/08/2012 12:56 pm

I'm making an appointment later today so hope all goes well and I can finally move on from this. I'll keep you guys posted on my process, thanks again.

MemberMember
(@neilryan15)

Posted : 11/12/2012 1:22 pm

I just got done with my dermatologist visit. The doctor gave me 3 samples of aczone, which reduces inflammation & also prescribed me to antibiotics. Overall I was content with my first visit to the dermatologist, he said the area on my nose was a severe breakout and is currently in the healing process. Hopefully this medicine clears this up within the next couple of weeks.

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 11/19/2012 8:34 pm

The derm said that's a severe breakout? What?!

MemberMember
(@neilryan15)

Posted : 11/29/2012 3:18 pm

Well, ive been on this antibiotic & cream for 2 1/2 weeks still no improvement..

MemberMember
(@sproblod)

Posted : 12/03/2012 3:58 am

Have you tried other natural remedies like Cucumber, mint leaves, alkaline. This might help you though you already tried antibiotic and creams.

MemberMember
(@neilryan15)

Posted : 12/03/2012 4:09 pm

Have you tried other natural remedies like Cucumber, mint leaves, alkaline. This might help you though you already tried antibiotic and creams.

I haven't tried anything besides this aczone gel my derm prescribed me. Do you think mint leaves or cucumbers will do the trick? This "red mark" on my nose has no head, doesn't hurt, & feels squishy when I touch it. Im getting desperate its almost been 3 months -_-