Notifications
Clear all

Acne "switched" From Cheeks To Forehead?!

MemberMember
(@kxy86)

Posted : 11/07/2012 6:32 am

Hey guys,

I'd say I have somewhat mild acne, though I can occasionally get some pretty bad pimples...

Anyway, I used to regularly get pimples on my upper cheeks, and would maybe occasionally get pimples elsewhere (i.e. forehead, nose, etc). It's been like this for years... However, I think maybe a few months ago, all of a sudden my cheeks cleared up! Since then, I've rarely gotten anything on my cheeks. It's been great! Unfortunately, for some reason, I began constantly breaking out on my forehead. It's been happening pretty regularly as well. I'm 24, so I was thinking maybe it has something to do with me getting older... hormones, maybe? I have no idea.

Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this? Or has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/07/2012 6:57 am

It could be a hormonal change, or were there any lifestyle changes that happened? This happened to me, I used to never break out on my cheeks or forehead, just my lower jaw. But after not dealing with my acne for over a year it came back and hit the hardest right where it never used to bother me at all! My cheeks and my forehead.

MemberMember
(@kxy86)

Posted : 12/02/2012 9:10 am

Sorry I'm so late, but I just wanted to say thanks! I think you might be right... I befriended the owners of a cake shop a while back, so I've been eating a lot more cake since then... Looks like I'll need to eat healthier!

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 12/03/2012 4:41 am

Your acne can change as you get older and your body changes. From puberty through about age 25 our bodies a in major development stage and hormones are fluctuating periodically. This can lead to changes in acne symptoms. I use to get acne the worst on my nose when I started getting it around age 15, then at age 17 it moved to my cheeks and jaw/neck and I got nothing on my nose. I kept breaking out on my cheeks for years (and still do a little but not much) and my jawline cleared up after a couple years. Now, at age 23, I am breaking out primarily around the sides of my mouth. I have never had acne on my forehead except for an occasional small pimple very rarely. Obviously I've been dealing with acne for 8 years now once it seems to move to a different part of my face the old areas that got it do not seem to be acne prone anymore, so I'm hoping that now I am in my final stage unless it moves to my forehead next. I am pretty positive it is because of hormones as I mentioned above. As your body changes your skin can as well. Really the only thing people with acne can do is treat the best you can and wait for it to go away on its own and stop coming back. For most people this happens around age 25, but some continue to get "adult acne" after age 25. I wouldn't go crazy trying to figure out what is causing your forehead to get acne now, because it is likely some underlying factor like hormones that you can't control. But know that you are not alone, and there is a chance your breakouts may move somewhere else next.