Best Electric Razor...

Notifications
Clear all

Best Electric Razor For Mild Acne?

MemberMember
(@gymrat3)

Posted : 11/06/2012 10:59 pm

So my dermatologist told me the truth to avoiding acne while shaving is to use an electric razor. From what I've seen they are all very expensive. Any suggestions on some? I tried regular shaving and it just doesn't work well, leaves my skin irritated and I don't think it's right for me.

List your top 3 electric razors if you'd like, or one will just do.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@enjoy-2)

Posted : 11/11/2012 10:41 pm

i have an older typical 3 circular head type razor and never found it much better than wetshaving in terms of irritation... I had to go over and over and over on some spots to cut 2 or 3 hairs that just refused to cooperate and actually enter the cracks to get chopped. Not to mention I had to press down relatively hard to get a somewhat smooth finish but that also resulted in me hacking up my neck and chin in an attempt to get a baby smooth result. The razor came with a clipper/sideburn trimmer attachment that is basically a clipper at "0" setting so I tried that and never looked back. it leaves a 1mm stubble or so but at least it's uniform and consistent and no irritating whatsoever.

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 11/27/2012 5:36 pm

I have always gotten on better with Rotary's rather than Foil razors. Philips do the best from what I've heard/experienced. My latest one was like 70 and came with a free cleaning machine from Amazon.

I shave at night every other day. Your face needs to be dry beforehand so I splash some water on there, wait 15 mins'ish and then shave.