Notifications
Clear all

What Cured My Acne! Must Read

MemberMember
(@zario12)

Posted : 11/05/2012 5:37 pm

Hello, I am a 23 year old man and have always suffered from moderate acne. About a year ago my skin got so bad that I was seriously depresses every day and hated my life. I didnt want to be alive. I felt like a walking freak show. I started a job that had medical benefits and I finally planned a trip to the derm, but the soonest I would be able to schedule an appointment was in a month and my skin was so bad I couldnt wait any longer.

I looked up every vitamin that was good for acne and then I went out to the store and got vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin C and a calcium magnesium and zinc multi vitamin. I took these vitamins every day and noticed that within 2 weeks almost all of my acne was gone. I would take 3 vitamin a, 2 vitamin e, 1 vitamin c and 2 of the calcium magnesium multi vitamin. I remember thinking that the derm would not believe I had acne because of how good my skin was getting. I was so happy and when my appointment came I still went to see my derm and she prescribed me some pills but I never picked them up because of how much better my skin had gotten.

Fast forward 7 months and my skin was still as good as it had ever been. I felt so relieved that I no longer had the stress of looking at my disgusting acne infested face anymore. But then something happened, I told my girlfriend that I ran out of vitamin A and asked her if she could pick some up for me at Walgreens. She could not find any and the lady working told her that they didnt sell vitamin a as a single vitamin and they only sold it as a multi vitamin. I told her to get the multi vitamin for me and I would still continue the same dose of vitamin A that I was normally taking. The vitamin A my girlfriend got me had all kinds of other vitamins but I would have to take 4 of them to equal my original dose of vitamin a. After 2 weeks my skin started getting bad again. Within the next month it got even worse. I found the vitamin A I was taking before and bought it thinking that was what was making my skin worst because it had been so good before. But to my surprise it was not helping at all. My skin got so bad for the next 4 months. Nothing was helping me.

I never felt so depressed in my life. I wanted to die. I never wanted to leave my house. I felt like everyone was always looking at my skin and I just hated everything about life in general. I isolated myself from the world. I thought I found the cure and then this happened. I couldnt believe it and I just could not wrap my mind around what could have went wrong. Then I started doing research on my liver. And I planned on doing a liver cleanse but never got the right ingredients to do it. So instead I decided to look up vitamins that were good for your liver. I found a vitamin called Turmeric and Fish oil were good for liver function. After 2 weeks I noticed my skin getting significantly better. I was so happy and promised God if I found a cure I would post it on as many forums as I could. If I would have seen this post 4 months ago I would have prevented so much scarring on my face and stress. My skin is not perfect now but is very manageable. I get like one pimple a week now instead of the 3 a day I was getting prior to my discovery of fish oil.

Always buy vitamins through "nature made". They make the best stuff. Dont go cheap on vitamins, it can have long-term damage.

This is what I take daily to achieve the best skin I have ever had. All vitamins are nature made. If you go on their website you can find which stores around you carry the specific vitamin you are looking for, I noticed nature made vitamin a is harder to find. But on their website they will help you find a store near you that Carries it. Or you could order online.

Vitamin A - 3 pills

Vitamin E - 2 pills

Vitamin Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc- 2 pills

Fish oil - 2 pills

I take these every morning with food. Good luck, I pray this works for you as it did for me. I had the worst acne you could ever imagine. I thought nothing would work and this worked for me so you must try this today!!!!! I thought nothing would work for me and this did!!! Try this now if you suffer from moderate to sever acne!!!!!!!!!

God bless you

MemberMember
(@this-is-my-name)

Posted : 11/05/2012 7:50 pm

that is interesting... i have been taking vitamins for a little while now and they seem to contribute nothing to my skin condition. i wonder if i should try your suggested vitamins here or if it will help me at all. thanks for the info, though. i have been trying to clear my skin forever and nothing has worked

MemberMember
(@itsnoteasybeinggreen)

Posted : 11/06/2012 12:14 am

I'm so glad you found something that's working for you. Finding the right combination of supplements is very difficult. It has taken me over a year to find what worked for me.

And I don't want to be a downer but for others who read this and don't know much about Vitamin A , i just wanted to say please research vitamin A before you start taking it. Taking more then the recommended dose is not always safe.

You can easily overdose on vitamin A if taking more then 20,000iu a day for a prolonged period of time. Vitamin A toxicity can cause liver damage and other side effects. Vitamin A is akin to Accutane and causes similar side effects and damage if not taken properly. That's why when you take Accutane you must get monthly blood tests.

I am not familiar with nature made products so I don't know how many IU is in each pill, 3 may be the recommended dose and is just fine. I'm saying for others do your research before taking certain supplements.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/06/2012 12:43 am

From personal experience, I've been down the supplement route. I personally didn't have much success with it.

My acne was far from a vitamin deficiency. It was more like a normal food deficiency. Once I began eating food that is actually in the form of something grown and whole, and cut away processed foods, there was a life-changing change in my body.

MemberMember
(@rentedname)

Posted : 11/06/2012 1:10 am

lol, for some reason i can't bring myself to believe that OP is a real person

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/16/2012 7:48 pm

Super high doses of vitamin a is basically like taking accurate and can leave severe side effects...and fish oil is also very high in vitamin a. A cleared up my acne too- but I realized it was not a cure but a mere coverup for the real problem. I am now working on my hormones and digestion. Vitamin a is a temporary bandaid not the fix it all. Glad to hear of your happiness though

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/16/2012 7:56 pm

lol, for some reason i can't bring myself to believe that OP is a real person

I kind of feel the same way. First of all, Nature Made is just some cheap brand of vitamins that has soy and other triggers as fillers just as much as any other cheap brand, not a brand known for its high quality by any means. Second of all, almost no one with severe acne is cured by taking some vitamin supplements. Third... I don't know. This just seems weird to me.

Maybe the OP just had a very mild case of acne that was cured by taking a little better care of his body, but I don't know.

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 11/16/2012 8:23 pm

Yeah, I don't know about all of this..

All these supplements people are abusing (yes abusing, because they are taking a hell of a lot more than the recommended daily dose) aren't going to do any good. And if they do it won't be for long.

They're toxic.. instead of taking expensive vitamins think about getting those vitamins through your everyday food.

People will always want the instant satisfaction but these vitamins don't even get processed by your body half the time. I hate supplements so much. >_<

Try these foods instead..

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/food-sources-of-vitamin-A.php

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 11/20/2012 8:17 am

Self supplementing without consulting the doctor is dangerous and can do liver/kidney damage in the long run.

MemberMember
(@dantheman123)

Posted : 11/21/2012 4:06 pm

Self supplementing without consulting the doctor is dangerous and can do liver/kidney damage in the long run.

I know mega dosing can be dangerous, but is it really dangerous to just take a couple of vitamins a day? I can't imagine what real harm could come from taking a couple of vitamin D drops, for example

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 11/21/2012 7:58 pm

As for vitamin A. I suggest using beta-carotene if you want to supplement. It is a Vit A precursor, your body will convert whatever it needs to Vit A and remove the excess beta-carotene.

MemberMember
(@lola111)

Posted : 11/22/2012 1:33 am

Yes, one vitamin a day for a long time can actually be dangerous for the liver. Keep in mind that your liver doesn't hurt unless you are in the final stages of liver damage. You might feel like everything is fine, but you could actually be doing long term damage.

Turmeric is not a vitamin OP, it is an herb or spice that you can use in your food. It is actually very good for you.

Fish oil should be fine to take also if it has the right vitamin A-vitamin D ration. Most fish oils are processed in a way that strips them of vitamin D. These fish oils contain a lot of vitamin A and very little vitamin D, which can be harmful. There are only a few good brands of fish oil and they are a little expensive.