Mostly All Natural ...

Notifications
Clear all

Mostly All Natural Treatment For Dry, Sensitive And Acne Prone Skin

MemberMember
(@bitherj)

Posted : 11/05/2012 2:31 pm

I'm 28 years old and have struggled with mild to moderate acne since I was 18. I have found my perfect regimen, finally, after 10 years!! I wanted to share my success with other fellow dry, sensitive and acne prone skin people in hopes to help them on their way to a brighter and clearer tomorrow. Let's start off with products that have failed my type of skin.

Proactiv - made my skin sting, turn red and irritated.

Retin-A - wrecked havoc on my skin, made me peel uncontrollably even with loads of cream, and actually made my acne worse.

Benzoyl Peroxide - made my acne worse and later found out I'm mildly allergic to this.

Sulfur - made my face stink and didnt reduce acne at all.

Neutrogena, Clean and Clear and Cetaphil - these made my face tight, dry and worsened my acne. I have learned not to trust the usual brands you see on the shelves at your local market. They contain chemicals, dyes, fragrances and other irritating ingredients that wont help your skin! Although, this varies with different types of skin.

I have done extensive research on natural ingredients that are clinically proven to improve acne troubled skin, dry and sensitivity, and acne scars. I have found that my skin is in favor of all natural products free of dyes, chemicals, parabens and fragrances. With the exception of one chemical - salicylic acid - it helps minimize my acne almost in one day. Here is my wonder products I have found to work for me in the last couple weeks: Fundmental Face Wash without apricot kernels found at www.earthturns.com, I apply a dot size amount of salicylic acid on my pimples or underground bumps, then I apply 100% pure aloe vera gel after I cleanse and pat dry my face to seal in the spot treatment and to soothe any irritation, and last but not least after the aloe vera gel has dried I apply a quarter size amount of jojoba oil or vitamin e oil/aloe vera oil all over my face for a moisturizer. This has worked like a charm for me as I know my main issue was dryness and sensitivity. The all natural chemical free face wash was exactly what my skin was craving and the oils have helped quench my skin's thirst!!! I've also noticed the aloe and vitamin e has been reducing my acne scars! So far I have had no cystic acne, breakouts, etc... Fingers crossed this track to recovery continues!

Also, some things that I think helped reduce my acne was drinking plenty of water every single day, taking fish oil supplements, not touching my face, cleaning my pillow case every week, less caffeine, eating healthy meals, working out, and lowering the amount of stress I was living with!

Acne has taken such a toll on my self esteem and emotional well being. For years I have felt ugly because of my skin issues. I have realized that acne is apart of life whether I like it or not, but that doesn't mean I can't learn to cope with it to the best of my ability. Acne is only a small part of who I am and I have learned to love myself regardless. So finding a healthy and SAFE skin regimen that has allowed my skin to heal and keep most of my acne breakouts at bay has been a blessing for me. Never stop believing!!! You just have to find what works for your skin and stick with it smile.png Best of luck to you!

MemberMember
(@wr1234)

Posted : 11/05/2012 2:35 pm

Where do you get your salicylic acid? I have been trying a similar regimen but without the aloe vera. But, I still get some hormonal type spots on my chin. I've been using this cleanser because it is all natural and doesn't irritate my skin. I am SO SO glad I have found jojoba oil (from reading this message board!) it has helped my skin so much. I also bought a clarisonic thingy which if nothing else makes my pores much smaller. Glad you figured out what works for you!!

MemberMember
(@bitherj)

Posted : 11/05/2012 4:53 pm

I'm currently using the clean and clear salicylic acid which is funny because I don't usually like their face products. But this spot treatment actually works pretty good. I love the aloe vera, it really helps improve the texture of my skin and helps heal it. I'm so glad you found jojoba oil too! I have seen the clarisonic thingy but I haven't tried it yet.. I'm afraid it will be too stripping for my skin. Hope your regimen continues to help you!!

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 11/05/2012 8:24 pm

what type of aloe vera do you use? Ive used it straight from the plant and its soooooo drying!!! Is there a specific brand your using?

MemberMember
(@bitherj)

Posted : 11/06/2012 8:13 am

Yes, the aloe does tighten the skin but it promotes healing and encourages skin regrowth. I always follow up with oils to hydrate the skin after I use aloe vera. I use Fruit of the Earth 100% pure aloe vera gel. It's super cheap!

MemberMember
(@ericgaults)

Posted : 11/08/2012 5:32 pm

I am in doubt in using salycylic acid because I see it worsen the problem or what kind of salycylic acid are you using, its brand? I always drink water everyday, I guess that really help me in minimizing and treating acne, as much as possible, I avoid soft drinks and alcohols.

MemberMember
(@bitherj)

Posted : 11/21/2012 7:08 pm

I actually stopped using salicylic acid (although the clean and clear one helped a lot but only buried the issue). I have moved over to homemade cleansers, facial masks and Using all natural Fundamental Skin Lotion.

My homemade cleanser consists of: 1 tbsp of baby wash, 2 tbsp of filtered water, 2 tbsp vegetable glycerine, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp organic l, unrefined coconut oil, 3 drops lavender oil and 3 drops lemon oil. Blend together and wa la!

My homemade moisturizing facial mask for acne: 1 tsp baking soda and 2 tsp raw, organic honey.

Mix together and apply generously to face and leave on for 15-20 min. Rinse off with warm water while massaging face preferably in the shower to steam pores clean. Then take clean, wet face towel to wipe off residue. Finally, I always apply my natural and chemical-free moisturizer afterwards. Done! My cystic acne is already starting to go away :) Give it a try!!!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/26/2012 10:07 am

...... i've scoured the internet for 100% pure aloe vera moisturizer, and thisFruit of the earth product always is first on the list....

sooo i'm trying to find it here where i'm from..... i hope i can find some soon...although i still have to scrutinize the ingredients coz ive read some disclaimers.....

the chances of my purchasing the product still lies with the ingredients list....