Notifications
Clear all

Stopping Antibiotics /tetracyline

MemberMember
(@cavemansam)

Posted : 11/05/2012 10:41 am

Hi,

my doctor prescribed me tetracyline 250mg capsules to take for 50 days one every morning and one every night.My acne has almost all cleared away about 95% of it with the occasinal pimple here and there.My question was now that Im on my last week should I start taking one a day?Or should I just keep going and suddenly stop with them?Im 16 and im afraid of my acne coming.

Thank you for any advice in advance

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/05/2012 10:46 am

Antibiotics never cures acne, only temporarily hides it. Once you're finished, I would recommend for you to take high doses of probiotics. Since the antibiotics wipe out all the bacteria, the good and the bad, you're going to need to restore your gut flora. I would take 80-100 billion units daily. Also make sure you're getting your omega 3 supplement and eating healthy. Best of luck.

MemberMember
(@cavemansam)

Posted : 11/05/2012 10:51 am

Antibiotics never cures acne, only temporarily hides it. Once you're finished, I would recommend for you to take high doses of probiotics. Since the antibiotics wipe out all the bacteria, the good and the bad, you're going to need to restore your gut flora. I would take 80-100 billion units daily. Also make sure you're getting your omega 3 supplement and eating healthy. Best of luck.

Okay great,any brand probiotic you reccomend?How long should I take probiotics for as well if you know thank you for the help!

MemberMember
(@cavemansam)

Posted : 11/05/2012 3:47 pm

Bump

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/08/2012 1:53 am

Okay great,any brand probiotic you reccomend?How long should I take probiotics for as well if you know thank you for the help!

Sorry for the late response. You can take probiotics for the rest of your life. It's not a bad idea to feed your system the "good guys" when so many factors are messing up our gut flora e.g. the poison fluoride added to tap water is very bad for you. Make sure you always drink reverse osmosis filtered water or distilled. Never drink from public drinking fountains! (Unless you're dieing of dehydration)

A good probiotic that's pretty cheap is "Dr Murrays 12/12 Probiotic" which you can get online.

Feel free to ask any more questions. Cheers!

MemberMember
(@srotriya)

Posted : 11/15/2012 8:36 am

You're so lucky. I've been on doxycycline 100mg 2x per day for 46 days and I haven't seen the slightest bit of change.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/28/2012 6:52 am

What probiotics would you recommend?