27M; Mild To Modera...

Notifications
Clear all

27M; Mild To Moderate; Abstain From Sexual Activity For 2 Months - Still Get Acne

MemberMember
(@pickleshmickle)

Posted : 11/04/2012 1:24 pm

I've suffered with acne since I was 14. It fluctuates from mild and at a few points in my life it was very severe (pustules + cystic acne everywhere). Currently, it stays mild because I eat a low carb diet (definitely works for me). However, I just moved to another state for school, so being that I don't know anyone yet, I figured I'd give this abstinence thing a try. At this point in my life, I've reasoned that my acne is hormonal. Since masturbation keeps androgen levels in flux, I figure that by stopping sexual activity this would keep them at equilibrium (sorry for the lingo, I'm a biologist). Since starting, I've had one of the worst cystic breakouts (at most, 5 at a time around the nose/upperlip & under chin area) since I stopped accutane 3 years ago and went on a low carb diet (had me >90% clear with no cystic acne). I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with the long term effects of abstinence on acne? I know that when you take accutane, it gets worse before it gets better. I'm just wondering if a similar phenomenon is taking place.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 11/04/2012 3:24 pm

I hardly ever masturbate and it makes no difference for my skin. I do it once a month maybe.

Every 2 weeks when I see my girlfriend I have sex several times, and it makes no difference for my skin.

Just my experience.

What's working for me right now is Vitamin C, D, and Zinc and Magnesium. And washing with Johnson's head-to-toe foaming wash at night. Also, separating water and food by 2 hours.

MemberMember
(@pickleshmickle)

Posted : 11/04/2012 8:29 pm

I hardly ever masturbate and it makes no difference for my skin. I do it once a month maybe.

Every 2 weeks when I see my girlfriend I have sex several times, and it makes no difference for my skin.

Just my experience.

What's working for me right now is Vitamin C, D, and Zinc and Magnesium. And washing with Johnson's head-to-toe foaming wash at night. Also, separating water and food by 2 hours.

I've been meaning to switch toe baby shampoo when I run out of my current one.

I'm going to take up freshly pressed veggie juice for the vitamins and minerals.

Never heard of seperating food from water. What is the rationale behind that?