Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] I'm Sick Of These Spots

MemberMember
(@jaffacakesxox)

Posted : 11/03/2012 11:21 am

Hey person reading this.

I'm going to stay anonymous but I will list a few details about myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to make this really short for you.

I'm a 16 year old boy from England, and spots are ruining my life, could someone help?

I'm unable to even leave the house anymore because of it, I can't do anything because

of this situation.

I have really bad spots on my back and neck, mild on my face (Mainly redness) and under

my chin/neck area. Could somebody help me get rid of them before I just end it?

Life isn't fun when you have to look in the mirror all the time and see this, it's terrible...

I sometimes feel depressed about it, I have the urge to just end my life, it may sound silly,

but that's how I feel about it, it may be an easy way out but meh.

I'm not buying anymore products, nothing works, neither am I going to the doctor or any

of those professionals because they don't help either.

Is there anything I can do at home to get rid of them? Thank you.

MemberMember
(@kbeauty)

Posted : 11/03/2012 12:22 pm

You aren't really concidering to end it because of a temporary problem do you? I have spots too, and they take long time to fade. But you just have be patient, I cant really help you, because I have tried products my self, but I see difference on my spots as time goes. Just be patient, dont use any products, it is a waste of money. The only thing you need is water, moistrizer, and a lot of patience. Be positive, because it could be worse, and it is not a permanent thing.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 11/03/2012 1:18 pm

suicide= a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

no its not worth. it does get better; talk to someone first, anyone. then try the regimen for starters

MemberMember
(@jaffacakesxox)

Posted : 11/03/2012 1:55 pm

I'm trying nothing, nothing ever works.

I don't mean to sound like an idiot or anything but I am considering ending it because i'm sick of it.

Thankyou though.

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 11/03/2012 1:58 pm

Your 16 years old. Its normal for you to being going through this right now. Your still growing into a man. You never know you might clear up in a couple of months when your body is ready. Yes it sucks but do you really wanna hurt the ppl that love you? Over acne? Ending it is not the solution. When your 20 and ur looking back your going to be like wow. I was really in a horrible state of mind over something so minimal in life. Just be thankful to be alive. Many ppl don't get the privilege to make it to 16.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 11/03/2012 2:03 pm

At least try accutane before you kill yourself. Accutane isn't like any other topical you've tried. It's a pill that shuts down your oil glands, getting rid of one of the components necessary for acne. It actually works. It's not a perfect drug, but it has saved plenty of lives.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 11/03/2012 2:46 pm

I agree , accutane may be your last solution , but the good things about accutame is that it always works:D

MemberMember
(@emt813)

Posted : 11/03/2012 2:52 pm

Hey person reading this.

I'm going to stay anonymous but I will list a few details about myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to make this really short for you.

I'm a 16 year old boy from England, and spots are ruining my life, could someone help?

I'm unable to even leave the house anymore because of it, I can't do anything because

of this situation.

I have really bad spots on my back and neck, mild on my face (Mainly redness) and under

my chin/neck area. Could somebody help me get rid of them before I just end it?

Life isn't fun when you have to look in the mirror all the time and see this, it's terrible...

I sometimes feel depressed about it, I have the urge to just end my life, it may sound silly,

but that's how I feel about it, it may be an easy way out but meh.

I'm not buying anymore products, nothing works, neither am I going to the doctor or any

of those professionals because they don't help either.

Is there anything I can do at home to get rid of them? Thank you.

Hey there,

I definitely know how you feel. I have been through so much these past three years and when I started breaking out in April for the first time in my life, it was almost enough to put me over the edge. I know how frustrating acne can be; I honestly thought that I would have already found the solution for my breakouts and would be able to face the world with confidence again. I've dealt with depression for years but these past few months have, without a doubt, been the worst of my life to date, and I know that acne is a HUGE contributing factor. My first piece of advice is to reach out for help. If you don't feel comfortable talking to a family member or close friend, finding a good therapist is a must. Dermatologists can help heal you on the outside, but sometimes it's necessary to find a professional that can help you heal from the inside as well. I know the stigma that is associated with mental health can be off-putting, but therapy has been a great resource for me and I know that with the right provider, it could be for you too.

Secondly, I know that the trial and error process of finding what works for your skin can become extremely discouraging, but please don't give up. I have friends from high school that had widespread, severe, cystic acne and, with the help of Accutane, now have flawless, glowing skin. I'm not saying that Accutane is necessarily the right solution for you, but I AM saying that acne, no matter how severe, can be treated. Take some time to look at all aspects of your lifestyle and how they might contribute to your skin condition. Do your skin products contain harsh, comedogenic, or potentially irritating ingredients such as fragrances, dyes, oils, or sulfates? Are you diligent with your skin care routine? Are your hygiene habits as good as they could be? Do you exercise regularly and, if so, shower quickly afterwards? Does your diet include a large amount of dairy, sugar, grains, or junk food? Do you have any other health conditions that might be related to your acne? Also, if any of your family members have experienced breakouts, consider how they have dealt with them.

Remember that you are SO young. I am not that far ahead of you but, at twenty years old, I know that I've changed so much (mentally and physically) since I was sixteen and, even though I've been through some hard times recently, I still have amazing memories from high school and I want you to be able to experience those as well. While I HATE my acne and am willing to do nearly anything to get back my perfectly clear skin, I truly believe that every experience of your life contributes to the person you are supposed to become. Since it's a Saturday, I'm guessing you don't have school, so spend some time doing something nice for yourself. If you don't feel like being in public, go pick up your favorite (healthy!) meal and a movie and relax at home. Focus on your good qualities and try your best to build yourself up during this difficult time. You've taken a great first step by posting on this website. There are many, many people here who have had success with treating their stubborn acne and I urge you to look around and take comfort from their stories, I know I do. I don't mean to sound preachy (I'm not even religious myself), but please, please, please, hang in there and let me know if I can help in any way.

MemberMember
(@clear-as-mud)

Posted : 11/03/2012 3:47 pm

Suicide shouldn't be an option. Think about your friends and family!

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 11/03/2012 4:45 pm

Deffinetely try accutane! And you are 16... It is "normal" to go thru this.. And unfortunately the best of us do! It sounds like hormonal to me, but it will go away. And unfortunately there's not too much u can do at home, atlesst nothing that will have such a huge impact. I'd go to a doctor, get accutane and within 4 months you should be better. Dont give up, it happens to almost everyone at some point!

MemberMember
(@blester33)

Posted : 11/04/2012 11:04 am

You're only 16. You have a temporary problem..... I understand what you're going through and trust me, I cried probably every day and didn't want to leave my house. But suicide is not ending your problem, it's ending your life, its losing. You're stronger than that. And to end your life over a temporary problem.. is not right. Your acne WILL CHANGE. Okay? I promise. I have it too, guess what, 80% of humans get it, so you're not alone. No matter how bad you have it, I guarantee you theres thousands and even millions who have it worse than you, just don't give up like that. Acne doesn't go away overnight. You need to be patient, and you need to seek medical help. For your skin and maybe just someone to talk to you about your emotions. I have waited about 6 months at this point for my skin to clear, and you know what? It's still red with marks.. but there is so much more to life, and I know though how it diminished your self esteem. But think on the bright side, you don't have a permanent condition.. what about the people in the world without arms? legs? family? You're lucky to be you, and you're beautiful even if you have blemishes on your face, You CAN DO IT! Just tell youself. 1. It's not permanent 2. Theres millions with worser skin. 3. You're beautiful 4. Be patient.

This too shall pass comfort.gif

just hang in there love. I'm here if you need me.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/04/2012 3:38 pm

Just remember that someone else in the world has a more severe problem than yours

Your never alone.

MemberMember
(@lizlighty)

Posted : 11/06/2012 11:51 pm

I'm only 13, and I have pretty bad acne too. I've considered ending it too, but my friends have always been there for me and they're pretty much my saviors. And acne isn't the worst thing that could happen. I just learned my parents are seperating, but life it still worth living. It always will be, you only live once, don't waste it.