Quit The Regimen - ...

Notifications
Clear all

Quit The Regimen - Terrible Outbreaks

MemberMember
(@babser)

Posted : 11/03/2012 9:49 am

Hi

I used the regimen for 4 days or so and it helped me a lot. However, due to certain things I've read on the internet about bp connnections with skin cancer among other side effects i decided it's not worth it.

Now a couple of days after I've stopped using it my skin turned seriously bad. It's not only pimples.. my face got like a red rash or something.

Does anyone have any experience with this? What can I do to make it go away?

thanks..

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 11/03/2012 12:17 pm

Hi

I used the regimen for 4 days or so and it helped me a lot. However, due to certain things I've read on the internet about bp connnections with skin cancer among other side effects i decided it's not worth it.

Now a couple of days after I've stopped using it my skin turned seriously bad. It's not only pimples.. my face got like a red rash or something.

thanks..

If you did actual research you would have found out that numerous empirical studies found no link to cancer. That is why the FDA recently bumped up the safety level of BP from "Safety Unknown" to "Safe". It's funny that the things people worry about are often the most innocuous, but the things they don't worry about cause the most damage. Let me ask you heavybro, do you wear sunscreen everyday? Cause if not, just realize that sun exposure WILL cause skin cancer. I conduct research for a living, so when it comes to things in my personal life like skin care I try to be as informed as I can. I stopped using BP for a while also, because there are some websites that swear that BP causes cancer...it's all fear mongering. The only thing we can truly go by is science, and there have been many studies which show it's safety.

I'd encourage you to stay on the regimen. But hey, that's just my opinion. And to answer your question I do have experience with stopping the regimen...I have never been able to find a product that works better than benzoyl peroxide. Not saying you have to use it in Dan's regimen...but BP is a necessary addition to any acne regimen...IMO

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/03/2012 2:50 pm

Hi

thanks..

If you did actual research you would have found out that numerous empirical studies found no link to cancer. That is why the FDA recently bumped up the safety level of BP from "Safety Unknown" to "Safe". It's funny that the things people worry about are often the most innocuous, but the things they don't worry about cause the most damage. Let me ask you heavybro, do you wear sunscreen everyday? Cause if not, just realize that sun exposure WILL cause skin cancer. I conduct research for a living, so when it comes to things in my personal life like skin care I try to be as informed as I can. I stopped using BP for a while also, because there are some websites that swear that BP causes cancer...it's all fear mongering. The only thing we can truly go by is science, and there have been many studies which show it's safety.

I'd encourage you to stay on the regimen. But hey, that's just my opinion. And to answer your question I do have experience with stopping the regimen...I have never been able to find a product that works better than benzoyl peroxide. Not saying you have to use it in Dan's regimen...but BP is a necessary addition to any acne regimen...IMO

Talking about fear mongering.... The sun is very, very, good for you. It boosts your immune system, gives you vitamin D, and regulates your hormones. Of course too much sun is a bad thing, but most people are sensitive to the sun because they aren't getting the adequate nutrients such as the ones found in green plants that provide a natural sun block (why do you think plants never sun burn in the sun all day). Sunblocks are also very toxic...

There's this irrational fear about the sun that people have. It's not a demon in the sky... It's your friend.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 11/03/2012 3:45 pm

^ im on a swim team so i get like way more sun than i want lol i tan like a potato, my doctor said i needed more vitamin D -_- i spend forever in the sun and dont get anything from it haha

personally i think the only link BP has with skin cancer is that the BP makes your skin more sensitive to the sun, which is why dan makes a big deal about sunscreen, but anyways as for your problem right now, you were only 4 days in so you were around the time a lot of people start purging (like where all the crap under your skin comes to the surface) so im pretty sure thats why you feel like your breaking out. i think you should stay on the regimen and just remember to wear sunscreen!!

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 11/04/2012 12:48 am

Hi

thanks..

Talking about fear mongering.... The sun is very, very, good for you. It boosts your immune system, gives you vitamin D, and regulates your hormones. Of course too much sun is a bad thing, but most people are sensitive to the sun because they aren't getting the adequate nutrients such as the ones found in green plants that provide a natural sun block (why do you think plants never sun burn in the sun all day). Sunblocks are also very toxic...

There's this irrational fear about the sun that people have. It's not a demon in the sky... It's your friend.

Sun is good for you up until a point. If you don't think UVA/UVB rays cause cancer you are misinformed

MemberMember
(@babser)

Posted : 11/04/2012 7:59 am

Hi

thanks..

I am quite aware of the fact that too many studies in the world is linking up to cancer. One time I even heard that too much oranges can give you cancer. But with that being said, you can't deny the fact that bp is a very strong chemical, damaging for the skin or not, I felt like i had to take my precaution giving that I have to live with this skin my whole life, and not just my teenage years. I will now reconsider though.

Thanks for reply :)

^ im on a swim team so i get like way more sun than i want lol i tan like a potato, my doctor said i needed more vitamin D -_- i spend forever in the sun and dont get anything from it haha

personally i think the only link BP has with skin cancer is that the BP makes your skin more sensitive to the sun, which is why dan makes a big deal about sunscreen, but anyways as for your problem right now, you were only 4 days in so you were around the time a lot of people start purging (like where all the crap under your skin comes to the surface) so im pretty sure thats why you feel like your breaking out. i think you should stay on the regimen and just remember to wear sunscreen!!

If this thing is about the sun I don't really have too much to worry about as i live in Norway and it's winter here now. Actually, I didn't get stuff out from my skin when I used it. Most of my face cleared up during those 4 days.. and the rest was not as visible as before (not as red etc.)

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 11/04/2012 1:28 pm

If this thing is about the sun I don't really have too much to worry about as i live in Norway and it's winter here now. Actually, I didn't get stuff out from my skin when I used it. Most of my face cleared up during those 4 days.. and the rest was not as visible as before (not as red etc.)

yeah youre supposed to clear up the first few days, then the next 2 weeks to 2-3 months are hell, then you clear up again, and oh lucky i live in southern california, theres literally no weather and no seasons Q.Q

MemberMember
(@babser)

Posted : 11/04/2012 1:54 pm

yeah youre supposed to clear up the first few days, then the next 2 weeks to 2-3 months are hell, then you clear up again, and oh lucky i live in southern california, theres literally no weather and no seasons Q.Q

ah ok. your lucky indeed! winter in norway is rough on your skin... causes your acne to get way worse than in the summer.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 11/04/2012 2:16 pm

ah ok. your lucky indeed! winter in norway is rough on your skin... causes your acne to get way worse than in the summer.

aww really? my skin is super oily so i feel like cold weather would help my skin, wanna switch? LOL

MemberMember
(@babser)

Posted : 11/04/2012 2:34 pm

aww really? my skin is super oily so i feel like cold weather would help my skin, wanna switch? LOL

haha i would trade norway for california any day! during the summer my skin gets really well, but i don't want to take solariums because that really destroys your skin.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 11/04/2012 2:37 pm

haha i would trade norway for california any day! during the summer my skin gets really well, but i don't want to take solariums because that really destroys your skin.

aagh my skin is the worst during the summer! we seriously are meant to switch hahah XD what are solariums?

MemberMember
(@babser)

Posted : 11/04/2012 2:46 pm

aagh my skin is the worst during the summer! we seriously are meant to switch hahah XD what are solariums?

ha! sunbeds/tanningbeds

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 11/04/2012 2:49 pm

ha! sunbeds/tanningbeds

ohhhh omg i wish i could like give you my tan i have a horrible tanline from swim team, i actually want to be paler lol

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 11/05/2012 1:35 am

you are going to find "studies" on each side of the argument for any treatment. simple answer is, both BP and SA (salicylic acid) which are the two main acne treatments available over the counter are proven to be safe to use regularly by the FDA. find which one works for you and your skin and use it to treat your acne as best you can. you arent going to win the war (curing acne) but you can win the battle with diligence and persistence and consistency (clearing your skin). as far as BP being a must for treating acne as maximus says, i disagree. for me, SA works better. it is all individually determined. as i said, find what works, and use it.eventually your body will stop naturally producing acne but until then, treat it as best you can in a way that you feel comfortable with. but i would not worry about BP or SA causing cancer.