Notifications
Clear all

Zinc Making Me Sweat?

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 11/03/2012 12:20 am

Hey everyone. I've been taking a zinc supplement once daily for the past 4-5 months, and I've been experiencing oily/sweaty skin. It's not really major and it doesn't make me breakout, but when I get embarrassed or when it's hot my skin gets a little oily, and feels like I'm sweating a little when I'm not? It's only really on my upper forehead, on my nose, and under my bottom lip. Because I use differin, my skin is usually a little dry after washing in the morning but goes back to normal within an hour or so, but the light oiliness is really annoying and I was just wondering if zinc could do this and if so, how to prevent it? I don't want to stop taking the zinc because my skin has been going great with the differin combination and I rarely get a pimple.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 11/03/2012 9:29 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/05/2012 8:56 am

Is it possible that's it's the Differin making you oily? Sometimes when the skin gets too dry it over compensates, which is why so many people suggest moisturizing for oily skin.

I've been taking zinc this last week and it's only sped up the healing time of my skin. It's not had many adverse side effects. Everybody is different though.

MemberMember
(@estranged)

Posted : 11/06/2012 3:06 am

Oh yeah you're right, it could be the differin.. but my skin doesn't really get overly dry, it doesn't get dry on my forehead at all, only in the corners under my mouth a little and on my left cheekbone a bit, that's all

I really think I should moisturise but I'm afraid any moisturisers would make my skin look oily, and I don't want that, and I don't want one that'll break me out. I actually really want to moisturise now so my skin would look and feel nice and soft as well as being quite clear, could anyone recommend me one that won't do any of the things I listed please?

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/06/2012 3:32 am

I believe kale has zinc in it. Chewing up a few servings of chopped kale a day did nothing but help my acne.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/07/2012 8:03 am

You could try honey face masks or a tiny tiny amount of Bio Oil as a moisturizer. Those are the only two moisturizing things I've tried that haven't clogged my pores.