Notifications
Clear all

The Cure Is Internal

MemberMember
(@tws1)

Posted : 11/02/2012 5:14 pm

You have acne. So what? Acne is just a flaw. Everybody has insecurities, some people look in the mirror and think "i'm ugly, i'm fat, etc." I realized that when i let myself be down all the time because of my skin it only got worse, when i chosed to accept it, it got better. Yea, i still have acne and acne red marks/spots, but i accept it. People think ignoring it will help, no. When you look into the mirror learn to love your acne. Act as if it is a good thing. Maybe its like battle scars, maybe people will think its cool. Okay, maybe not. But you get my point. People don't care as much as you think they do, this is what goes through there head when they see you; "he/she have acne bla bla bla" and thats it. It's not like they think about it 24 / 7. yes of course they will notice it and think something, whatever bla bla. But thats it. People also notice everything else like weight, hair, height, etc. My point is to just learn to love it, i have and it has gotten better. The only thing i need to work on is getting rid of the scars. Just live your life, don't worry about it. smile.png

MemberMember
(@seanyboy)

Posted : 11/02/2012 10:17 pm

Too true. "Learned helplessness" seems to be associated with acne though. Time, money and effort invested into getting clear alone can be a hassle, let alone bleeding, bumps and unsightly red marks. Probably where a lot of sufferers frustrations stem.

I agree though "People don't care as much as you do".

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 11/02/2012 10:41 pm

A lot of truth to your post. I used to be in a position (still am somewhat) where I had to make public presentations on a weekly basis. I used to get so bent out of shape when I'd make a mistake, say something the wrong way, lose my thought, not pronounce something correctly... and it would bother me so much when I'd go home and think about it. But what I realized was, yea they heard me- and yea they noticed I messed up- but they don't think about it 24/7. They have there own lives to think about-

We are our own worst enemy when it comes to acne. Like you mentioned above, sure people notice our acne, but they don't dwell on it.

We have a choice to make whether or not our acne consumes us. And I'm still fighting that battle. Good luck to us all!

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 11/03/2012 5:22 am

You have acne. So what? Acne is just a flaw. Everybody has insecurities, some people look in the mirror and think "i'm ugly, i'm fat, etc." I realized that when i let myself be down all the time because of my skin it only got worse, when i chosed to accept it, it got better. Yea, i still have acne and acne red marks/spots, but i accept it. People think ignoring it will help, no. When you look into the mirror learn to love your acne. Act as if it is a good thing. Maybe its like battle scars, maybe people will think its cool. Okay, maybe not. But you get my point. People don't care as much as you think they do, this is what goes through there head when they see you; "he/she have acne bla bla bla" and thats it. It's not like they think about it 24 / 7. yes of course they will notice it and think something, whatever bla bla. But thats it. People also notice everything else like weight, hair, height, etc. My point is to just learn to love it, i have and it has gotten better. The only thing i need to work on is getting rid of the scars. Just live your life, don't worry about it. smile.png

So you got rid of your acne with just being happy and not stressing out about it? I think I need to do that too.. It's just so hard.. 🙁