Notifications
Clear all

The Battle

MemberMember
(@stephenmcl)

Posted : 11/01/2012 3:41 pm

Hi everyone, i am going to start intermittent fasting on monday 5th November, was originally going to last monday but ended up eating fast food :(, this monday i am definately starting it though, i'm tired of having this disease and not being able to go out or enjoy myself because of it, i hate that people that deserve acne have clear skin and people who don't deserve it, have it, don't tell me that no-one deserves acne, because some of the stupid people i see on facebook and in real life deserve it, yet i get it when i've been a good person my whole life, just sums up the quote being good gets you nowhere, i hate this disease and the fact that the doctor seems to believe its all in my head, im like I CAN CLEARLY SEE IT ALL OVER MY FACE, god this makes me so angry, i was planning on becoming a volunteer the other week, but as always because of acne i couldn't, i don't stay in social situations longer than i have to with this disease and i have absoultely 0% confidence, and haven't seen my friends in months, turned 20 last month, hoped that somehow somewhere in the universe it would clear up for my birthday....as if, it just got worse and i sat in myself on my birthday because of this disease, sometimes i think what is the point anymore and get really pissed off at the world, i believe im going to be alone forever which saddens me even more as this wouldn't be the case if i didn't have acne, all the people i knew at school, college etc are moving on with their lives whilst im stuck with this stupid disfiguring disease, and even when i thought i couldn't get any lower, i go to the doctors holding on to my last piece of hope, asked for accutane, to get told i will never get it, get told to live with it and then got asked 'what would you do if you had a skin disfigurement permanently' i was like BITCH PLEASE I HAVE, LOOK AT MY FACE, i've lost all faith in doctors because of this incident and i have actually took pictures of my acne when it was at its absolute worst and i have the doctors on wednesday (not for acne, for other problem) but im going to show them these pictures then ask are you blind can you not see all this redness, scars and acne all over me, i wish it would just go away :(, as always listening to music is the only thing that makes me feel better and makes me wanna fight it,

this song is amazing, so many quotes that i use in my acne struggles, was a brilliant film too, Jean Claude Van Damme's films are awesome

'Some times it feels so hopeless, all alone'

'It's better to lose than never to have tried'

'i'l gather my strength to carry on, it's up to me i've got to be strong'

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 11/01/2012 3:57 pm

Hey, i know how you are feeling. I am going through similar myself. It's so hard. And yes some people out there really do deserve acne! Have you ever been prescribed any medication (like antibiotics) or topical treatment for your acne? Did you GP not offer those to you?

Enjoying the song btw!

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/01/2012 5:34 pm

Hi everyone, i am going to start intermittent fasting on monday 5th November, was originally going to last monday but ended up eating fast food sad.png, this monday i am definately starting it though, i'm tired of having this disease and not being able to go out or enjoy myself because of it, i hate that people that deserve acne have clear skin and people who don't deserve it, have it, don't tell me that no-one deserves acne, because some of the stupid people i see on facebook and in real life deserve it, yet i get it when i've been a good person my whole life, just sums up the quote being good gets you nowhere, i hate this disease and the fact that the doctor seems to believe its all in my head, im like I CAN CLEARLY SEE IT ALL OVER MY FACE, god this makes me so angry, i was planning on becoming a volunteer the other week, but as always because of acne i couldn't, i don't stay in social situations longer than i have to with this disease and i have absoultely 0% confidence, and haven't seen my friends in months, turned 20 last month, hoped that somehow somewhere in the universe it would clear up for my birthday....as if, it just got worse and i sat in myself on my birthday because of this disease, sometimes i think what is the point anymore and get really pissed off at the world, i believe im going to be alone forever which saddens me even more as this wouldn't be the case if i didn't have acne, all the people i knew at school, college etc are moving on with their lives whilst im stuck with this stupid disfiguring disease, and even when i thought i couldn't get any lower, i go to the doctors holding on to my last piece of hope, asked for accutane, to get told i will never get it, get told to live with it and then got asked 'what would you do if you had a skin disfigurement permanently' i was like BITCH PLEASE I HAVE, LOOK AT MY FACE, i've lost all faith in doctors because of this incident and i have actually took pictures of my acne when it was at its absolute worst and i have the doctors on wednesday (not for acne, for other problem) but im going to show them these pictures then ask are you blind can you not see all this redness, scars and acne all over me, i wish it would just go away sad.png, as always listening to music is the only thing that makes me feel better and makes me wanna fight it,

this song is amazing, so many quotes that i use in my acne struggles, was a brilliant film too, Jean Claude Van Damme's films are awesome

'Some times it feels so hopeless, all alone'

'It's better to lose than never to have tried'

'i'l gather my strength to carry on, it's up to me i've got to be strong'

Two things.

Good luck with IF, A few peeps are trying it on here. Just be aware there is no science to back up IF in relation to acne so don't put all your eggs in one basket. I personally believe it needs more research as the data is inconclusive at best. I would suggest you focus on what you eat rather than when you eat it.

Secondly. You made comment that all your friends are moving on with the lives. This is exactly what you must do to. Acne may be with you a very long and the sooner you accept that better you'll be. Ive had it 16 years but life goes on and so must you.

The best you can do is try and find a way to control it. I use the DKR from this site and it keeps me clear when i can be bothered to do it, but even if i have breakouts now i just dont care.

Get out of your head, there is no cure.

Get into your head you need to learn to deal with, control it with ongoing treatment and do not allow it to dominate your life.

I wish you all the best.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 11/01/2012 7:25 pm

^ um yeah good luck with IF. my stomachs like a bottomless pit LOL i wouldnt last 5 minutes trying to fast

at least you dont have this...

http://www.mymultiplesclerosis.co.uk/misc/harlequin.html

just remember theres people who have it way worse, youre actually really lucky that its just acne