Oily Skin Causing A...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily Skin Causing Acne?

MemberMember
(@brittanym)

Posted : 10/31/2012 11:32 pm

I have gotten rid of most of my inflammatory acne, with the occassion zit here and there, but I have always had really oily skin and in the past year have noticed that my forehead and jawbones are very far from being clear and smooth- they are super bumpy! The bumps are skin-colored and don't usually get red at all but in the light it becomes very evident that they're there..and they don't seem to go away on their own. Any suggestions or advice?

MemberMember
(@eg6947)

Posted : 11/04/2012 12:44 pm

There are different types of acne but usually acne is more likely to occur on oily skin than normal/dry skin. The P-Acne bacteria thrives in oily skin. Try to gently wash your face twice a day and they keyword here is gently because irritating the skin by washing too much or using harsh products can only make the matter worse.

Do not make the mistake I made for many years and never wash your face with hot water because that irritates the skin. Use lukewarm water instead.

I personally suffer from oily skin especially the hair scalp and the forehead even after reaching mid 30's. Try to follow a healthy diet by reducing or eliminating intake of sugar and diary products. Also, some people say that taking B-complex might help a bit in regulating the oil.

Good luck.