Notifications
Clear all

Steaming Showers Causing Breakouts?

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 10/31/2012 5:24 pm

A lot of days when I have time I sit and consider all of the lifestyle changes I made around the time my acne came back (Since I was acne free for over a year before I saw it happen again)... And one of those changes was I began showering more often...

Is it possible this is one of the contributing factors to my breakouts? Has anyone else noticed a pattern like this?

It might be important to note that I also have rosacea, so the hot weather will even irritate my skin to redness. So I'm expecting that the shower does something similar?

Thanks for reading... And excuse me if this has already been answered in another topic. smile.png

MemberMember
(@fragilesong)

Posted : 10/31/2012 5:42 pm

By showering more often, in turn are you washing your face more often? That could be causing extra irritation.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/01/2012 2:16 pm

Do you do anything to your face in the shower? Perhaps you could blast your face with cool water after the shower to calm it down somewhat.

I find that hot showers actual improve the appearance of my acne.

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/01/2012 9:22 pm

By showering more often, in turn are you washing your face more often? That could be causing extra irritation.

Not usually. I still try to wash my face only twice a day, once in the morning and once at night in the shower. If I shower any more times in between I avoid touching my face as much as possible.

Do you do anything to your face in the shower? Perhaps you could blast your face with cool water after the shower to calm it down somewhat.

I find that hot showers actual improve the appearance of my acne.

I used to think the same thing but I feel like maybe too much heat is drying my skin out? And it's only one of many possibilities so who knows, it could actually be helping.

Thanks for the input 🙂