Notifications
Clear all

The Further I Am From The Mirror, My Acne Marks Are Red, Visible And Prominent. If I'm Right In Front Of The Mirror, The Marks Are Not As Red?

MemberMember
(@camz)

Posted : 10/31/2012 4:03 pm

I notice if I stand further from the mirror, my acne marks are red. But If I go close up to the mirror, my marks only seem to be a tiny bit red, faded, and not that bad. The marks on my temple even seem to be the same color as my skin! Yet back it up and they become red again!

Is this normal? What does this mean?

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 10/31/2012 8:56 pm

Wow this is so weird haha I just noticed the same thing and then came on here to see if I could find anything about it, and i find this topic. My marks are much more dominant when I stand away but close even 2 ft away they disappear, I still have some red marks on my left cheek from years ago. Makes me wonder what people see throughout the day..

Im wonderin about laser treatment and that.. but everything has such negative side effects.. sucks lol.. hopefully they just fade in time, I need to stay out of the sun too.. thats what I think f'ed me, Ive been in the sun a lot for the past 2 years.

MemberMember
(@audreyjade)

Posted : 10/31/2012 9:00 pm

Yup. Happens to me, too. Up close my hyperpigmentation looks almost non existent.

Wow this is so weird haha I just noticed the same thing and then came on here to see if I could find anything about it, and i find this topic. My marks are much more dominant when I stand away but close even 2 ft away they disappear, I still have some red marks on my left cheek from years ago. Makes me wonder what people see throughout the day..

Im wonderin about laser treatment and that.. but everything has such negative side effects.. sucks lol.. hopefully they just fade in time, I need to stay out of the sun too.. thats what I think f'ed me, Ive been in the sun a lot for the past 2 years.

MemberMember
(@rocklover639)

Posted : 11/12/2012 12:13 am

Could it be the lighting from where you're standing from that could be affecting how prominent the acne mark looks from far?

MemberMember
(@boafriend)

Posted : 11/14/2012 4:22 pm

I think it has more to do with the fact that from afar (assuming you are looking at a mirror), you notice things about your face that stand out (sharp eyes, how your hair looks overall, etc.), but with red marks - they're pretty prominent (assuming also that you have no makeup of any kind on), so your eyes will immediately detect them and you'll notice them more. Up close in a mirror, you focus more on your facial features, such as your eyes, etc.

I know what you're saying because I've noticed this a lot too, but the situation can be reversed, too. Up close...the marks can be very noticeable (which makes more sense) and from far away, they're not as noticeable.

MemberMember
(@lola111)

Posted : 11/15/2012 11:33 am

Do you guys think that acne marks look much worse in the bathroom light rather than natural outside light? This is what I noticed at least.

MemberMember
(@boafriend)

Posted : 11/23/2012 3:54 am

Do you guys think that acne marks look much worse in the bathroom light rather than natural outside light? This is what I noticed at least.

It really depends on your bathroom lighting, too, since everyone uses different lightbulbs and such. But GENERALLY speaking, most bathroom lighting is pretty harsh, so it won't help you too much.

Whenever possible, use natural lighting as a guide because it's obviously...the most natural, and it's also the most true representation of how your skin looks.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 11/23/2012 4:11 am

I've noticed this too recently - and it upset me / freaked me out because I started to worry about what other people see of my skin because I'm not standing up close to them like I would at a mirror!

Anyway - I think it all has to do with the lighting.