Notifications
Clear all

Best Shampoo To Use If You Have Body Acne?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 10/31/2012 7:10 am

I switched shampoos about a month ago, I'm guessing something in it has bothered my skin because I started breaking out at the top of my arms in the same spot (I have long hair that touches there) and hadn't been breaking out on my body in a long time. Can someone recommend a shampoo that would be the least irritating to skin? I was thinking of switching to a shampoo with zinc in it.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/31/2012 7:22 am

Tilt your head forwards when you wash your hair, so the shampoo doesn't come in contact with the rest of your body. That's what I do

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 10/31/2012 7:36 am

Tilt your head forwards when you wash your hair, so the shampoo doesn't come in contact with the rest of your body. That's what I do

That's not going to help me because my shampoo is leaving some sort of residue in my hair that irritates my skin and since I have such long hair it's always in contact with my skin.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/31/2012 7:49 am

That's not going to help me because my shampoo is leaving some sort of residue in my hair that irritates my skin and since I have such long hair it's always in contact with my skin.

In that case look for shampoos without sulphates and silicones.

MemberMember
(@hunyeo)

Posted : 10/31/2012 9:06 am

Thats what i do too!! I thought i was the only one doing that! Hehehe thanks. I dont feel so different.. Thanks thanks

MemberMember
(@dabowez)

Posted : 10/31/2012 9:24 pm

Alternatively you could use your face wash for your hair, if your face wash does not break you out on your face it's unlikely to cause breakouts when used on your hair

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 11/04/2012 2:02 am

The least irritating shampoos are ones that are sulfate-free and organic (i.e. do not contain sodium/ammonium laurel/laureth sulfate). Even if a product claims sulfate-free, still read the ingrdients on the label. I have found that manufacturers "play games" with this claim. Some of the popular organic shampoos are made by Aveeda, John Masters, Burt's Bees. Sometimes they are available only in salons or on-line and may be rather pricey. I have been using Burt's Bees because it is readily available in stores. Another shampoo that is good for not irritating skin is called Nizoral. It contains an anti-fungal called ketoconazole. OTC version contains 1% and prescription version contains 2%. I use the 2% version. This is intended only for periodic use and not everyday. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/04/2012 11:33 am

Probably sulfate free, organic tea tree shampoo. I use Avalon Organics. I don't have body acne, but I assume it would clear it up quite well without having to resort to chemicals. It certainly wouldn't irritate it like most shampoos.