Notifications
Clear all

Photo Of My Scars (Rolling.. Mostly). What Kind Of Treatment Would You Recommend?

MemberMember
(@problematics)

Posted : 10/30/2012 9:16 pm

Hello.

I'm 21 years old and been suffering from severe, cystic acne since I was the age of 15.

It's really bringing me down and it withholds me of engaging socially.. my attention keeps drawing to my acne in most times. Well, you know how it can be.

It's still active, I'm not sure what to do. I have a stressful job and I think that's a major influence in my current acne.

I have oily skin and I keep getting new acne almost every day. I've always kept smiling and thinking one day it'll be over. But recently I've started to see what it's leaving me with. When.. it leaves.

vKLbi.jpg

This picture really brings up how it can look at times. Although in better lighting, and during the day, it looks less worse.

I have grown up with the teaching that popping pimples help.. oh how I wish I had learned it the correct way in my youths. Some patterns are hard to change, but I try to work hard with that.. I get yellow-heads a lot and it's just hard to deal with.

My cheeks are depressed and the shape of my face is not what it once was.

Is this kind of scarring treatable? And also, if someone has a tip on how to deal with it my current acne, I'd be very grateful. I've tested most things apart from accuntane though. I have a severe knee injury at this time and can not eat it right now. I'd prefer something that works from my inside rather than creams and masks. But I'm up for anything right now.. especially with the winter coming up.

Have a great day everyone, and thanks for you existing here on this board.

MemberMember
(@fjshadowz)

Posted : 10/30/2012 9:36 pm

heal 1st your active acne before treating your scar :)

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 10/30/2012 10:42 pm

Your skin looks like mine 2 years ago; I'm 23 male half asian.

Like the person above said, clear up before treatment, or you'll do what I did and create new scars.

Since your acne looks like what I had, and I'd assume you'd already have tried everything,

try this:

http://www.acne.org/...g-the-gut-diet/

follow to the letter, no cheat days; for me it took 3 months to see visible effects and > 9 months to see dramatic results.

I've a lot more ice picks than you, rather than those rolling scars.

I used to have a lot of rolling scars but 20 dermarolls later they lightened up. Unlike icepicks, they don't grow after each rolling session. Not saying it'll work for you; just stay positive and have hope.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 10/30/2012 11:48 pm

Hello.

I'm 21 years old and been suffering from severe, cystic acne since I was the age of 15.

It's really bringing me down and it withholds me of engaging socially.. my attention keeps drawing to my acne in most times. Well, you know how it can be.

It's still active, I'm not sure what to do. I have a stressful job and I think that's a major influence in my current acne.

I have oily skin and I keep getting new acne almost every day. I've always kept smiling and thinking one day it'll be over. But recently I've started to see what it's leaving me with. When.. it leaves.

This picture really brings up how it can look at times. Although in better lighting, and during the day, it looks less worse.

I have grown up with the teaching that popping pimples help.. oh how I wish I had learned it the correct way in my youths. Some patterns are hard to change, but I try to work hard with that.. I get yellow-heads a lot and it's just hard to deal with.

My cheeks are depressed and the shape of my face is not what it once was.

Is this kind of scarring treatable? And also, if someone has a tip on how to deal with it my current acne, I'd be very grateful. I've tested most things apart from accuntane though. I have a severe knee injury at this time and can not eat it right now. I'd prefer something that works from my inside rather than creams and masks. But I'm up for anything right now.. especially with the winter coming up.

Have a great day everyone, and thanks for you existing here on this board.

before we get into scars, can you tell us what treatment you are using for your acne?

MemberMember
(@dirtbomb)

Posted : 05/07/2013 12:52 am

I have the same scarring but I don't get acne anymore because of my strict adherence to the paleo diet. It cleared up my severe cystic acne. It works for pretty much everyone. If you want really fast results go really low carb initially i.e. no fruit. I eat almost nothing but animal products and my acne has gone from severe to cured. I tried a high fruit paleo diet before because I was a vegan and I got similar results but it took a lot longer and I never stopped breaking out completely like now.

As for my (mostly rolling) scars, I am about to order this cream:

http://www.thelovevitamin.com/3586/rolling-acne-scars-msm-cream/