Notifications
Clear all

Ziana Gel

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 10/30/2012 7:44 pm

I went to the dermatologist on October 4th, 2012. She prescribed me ziana gel, which I am still using the samples since she gave me about 7 of them :) along with cerave lotion. I have been using this product religiously to this day, so for 27 days or so now. I am getting pretty frustrated and losing hope because my " purging period" seems to be never ending! Although I can say my fine lines have smoothed out. I know I must give this more time but I expected to at least see SOME improvement acne wise by now, but it just seems to be getting worse :/ is this normal? It's been a month already! Anyone have similar problems with good results ? Ha

MemberMember
(@roselilium)

Posted : 11/04/2012 12:49 am

Hello there, things might seem horrible at first, but will definitely get better in the long run. For me, I have been on tretinoin for 6 1/2 months and have been using it every single night. I don't mean to be discouraging, but I still broke out in one or two monster cysts even in month 6. However, I do notice the frequency lessening. Then again, I would give this medication at least a year to totally clear my skin and get rid of all the hyperpigmentation marks. Patience :)

MemberMember
(@havefaith22)

Posted : 11/06/2012 12:58 am

Hey, thanks for responding! Yes, I know patience, patience, patience! Haha it's difficult being practically 22 and having this issue out of nowhere! Adult acne attack!! Anyway, my derm said I need to wait the full three months, but like you said it could take longer! Ugh :( thanks for the words of wisdom :)

MemberMember
(@mille211)

Posted : 10/28/2014 8:59 am

Hey, thanks for responding! Yes, I know patience, patience, patience! Haha it's difficult being practically 22 and having this issue out of nowhere! Adult acne attack!! Anyway, my derm said I need to wait the full three months, but like you said it could take longer! Ugh sad.png thanks for the words of wisdom smile.png

Hey! When did your Ziana purge end? I am on week 6 and still getting whiteheads daily. I don't pick at them, but I do rub off the top. When did your skin start to clear? Are you still on Ziana?