Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone. Ive come to the messageboards for years now for advice and reviews and decided to finally make an account.

I have been struggling with acne since I was 14. Im now just a few weeks away from my 26th birthday and im at my witts end. After learning that OTC products dont work, I went to a dermatologist. In the last 12 years I have been on every single product out there except accutane. I have learned that not only is my acne topical, but also internal. So for the last 5 years I have been on an antibiotic called minocycline, along with many topicals (I will get to them). Once a year I get sent for lab work because of the chance of liver damage. I have had abnormal results, but nothing to worry about. This year however, a month and a half before my wedding I found out I had to stop the antibiotic completely and never go back on it due to medical issues.

The topicals I am on are as follows:

-Tazorac 0.1% at night

-Finacea 15% twice a day

-Aczone gel 5% used to spot treat

-MD Forte II Lotion 1-2 times a day

-And last week she added Acanya Gel 1.5% for the more difficult spots

I also use a Bare Minerals cleanser and Eminence organic moisturizer

I honestly feel that with my age, and the amount of stuff I am using I should have baby clear skin. Wrong! While I dont break out nearly as much as I used to, probably half as much. I still break out. And the scarring is awful! I have done everything I know of besides laser treatments for the scarring. I hate having my picture taken, and if I do it had to be with my camera so I can edit the photos.

I just dont know what else to do at this point. I spend hundred of dollars a year on perscriptions, I just want to give up!

post-187970-0-71981600-1351642737_thumb.post-187970-0-73023700-1351642742_thumb.

post-187970-0-71981600-1351642737_thumb.

post-187970-0-73023700-1351642742_thumb.

Like tanning beds? Skin cancer runs in my family, so that sort of thing is out of the question. I cant even go out of the house without sunscreen on.