Stopping The Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Stopping The Regimen

MemberMember
(@mon-v)

Posted : 10/30/2012 1:31 pm

Has anyone had success with their skin when stopping the Regimen? I'm a little freaked out about quitting because I've heard the breakout after you stop is horrible, but I'm tired of using BP every day as I think it's doing more harm to my skin than good. If anyone has any stories about them quitting, please share!

MemberMember
(@the_mystery_of_lifehotmail-com)

Posted : 10/30/2012 1:37 pm

i tried it for a whole month and i know before it get better is suppose to get worse but for me it was getting worse, did not control my oily, and make my skin look flaky ..... i dont feel that i quite too quickly is just some treaments work for some people and not for others , the regimen just was not for me

MemberMember
(@mon-v)

Posted : 10/30/2012 1:46 pm

Well, I've been on the Regimen for around 3-4 months now, and it has worked great. I'm just tired of the flaking and peeling that won't stop. I tried AHA+ and that just made it worse.

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 10/30/2012 2:02 pm

Well, I've been on the Regimen for around 3-4 months now, and it has worked great. I'm just tired of the flaking and peeling that won't stop. I tried AHA+ and that just made it worse.

AHA is supposed to make it worst at first...it causes the skin cells to flake off more rapidly. Eventually they will all flake off and the AHA will keep your skin flake free

MemberMember
(@twinsfan57)

Posted : 10/30/2012 2:19 pm

I was on the regimen for 4 months and it cleared me up pretty well. I quit because it made me have terrible terrible terrible dark marks, worse than I have ever had in my life. Plus it was getting very expensive for me. When I quit, I thought I wouldn't have much of a breakout, but I did. Your skin gets addicted to the shit and it freaks out when you get off of it. I have never broken out so bad it was unreal.

MemberMember
(@tommylex)

Posted : 10/30/2012 2:52 pm

I was on the regimen for a year before I came off it...I didn't have a terrible breakout but my skin got progressively worse and worse. I think that if you really want to come off it, then maybe slowly decrease the amount of BP you use until you are using it once a day, then every other day etc. But be aware that you are potentially going to get spots again as the regimen won't have 'cured' the acne.

MemberMember
(@mon-v)

Posted : 10/30/2012 2:58 pm

That's what I'm planning on doing, just weening off of it slowly. I'm going to start doing it every morning for a couple of weeks, then every other day for a couple, then every third day, etc, etc.

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 10/30/2012 8:44 pm

Ween off the bp VERY slowly... Like reduce half a pump per month. It will take a few months to be off it but trust me, that is what you need to do. I've heard all these stories about people quitting quickly and having major breakouts but I did it over a course of 3 months and never had a terrible breakout. If you quit bp too fast you will probably get a ptty bad breakout and that could trigger more and more that follow. Also, be prepared to be fighting dry skin for a looooong time. I quit the regimen back in June and still have dry skin problems. Obviously not as bad as on the regimen, but doing the regimen basically completely altered my skin and now it just won't go back to normal. Any cleanser leaves me dry and any moisturizer doesn't cure the dryness completely. The next time I cleanse, dry again. Good luck.