Hello All! New To S...

Notifications
Clear all

Hello All! New To Site And Regimen.

MemberMember
(@topherp8015)

Posted : 10/30/2012 11:24 am

Hi everyone. I am new to this community and wanted to drop in and say a good day! I also have a question about Dan's regimen. Now, I've just started the regimen last night, which includes the Acne.org cleanser, treatment, and moisturizer. Although it went pretty well before I went to bed, I woke up this morning and my face was slightly red, irritated, itchy, and maybe a little bit swollen, but hardly noticeable. Is this the norm? or an allergic reaction? Idk. Help me out? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@wearemadeofstardust)

Posted : 10/30/2012 2:34 pm

Hi Tophen,

Welcome to Acne.org. I'm on the Regimen as well. I'm going to tell you that the first three months of the regimen are going to be the hardest to get through. The symptoms you are experiencing are all normal. Yep even the swelling. It's because your skin isn't accustomed to benzoyl peroxide yet. The first three weeks you should start with a pea sized amount and work your way up to two pumps (or a whole finger length if you are using the tube) That way the symptoms can be easily dealt with and your skin won't be severely irritated. I hope this helps :)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 10/30/2012 8:21 pm

Be prepared for a month of hell, but if you can get through it you will be rewarded smile.png Added to the itchiness, burning, redness and dry flaking skin, I also had red eyes and swollen eye lids. But I persevered, and my skin became accustomed to the BP and became clearer and clearer each day.

As the above post says, dont use too much in the beginning (no matter how excited you are), and build up slow. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@fiaf)

Posted : 11/02/2012 6:29 pm

Welcome.

The first month or two can irritate your face but it's worth it! You'll get used to it and your skin will get back to normal.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 11/08/2012 3:03 pm

Congrats on starting the regimen, I hope it works for you! Redness, irritation, dryness, scaliness, flaking and peeling are normal in the beginning but if your face starts swelling a lot you're probably allergic to BP