Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anybody know good overnight remedies to get rid of them? I went skiing and now I have what doctors call "lip-licker's dermatitis." It's the redness above your lips from licking the skin around the lips. It looks like I ate a red popsicle and got some of it above my lip and it looks like crap. Anybody know how to get rid of it? Right now I am applying tons of Vaseline and Chapstick to my lips to soothe it.

Guest fatman_uk

Use moisturiser in about double quantities b4 u go anywhere REALLY cold, an use chapsticks on ur lips.

If u'd done this b4 u might've been OK... or would u say ur normally affected badly by cold weather?

-Gaz

Use A and D ointment at night on the affected skin and during the day if you are not going out. Otherwise cover the area in chapstick during the day until healed, but if you are in the sun be sure it is a lipblock with a 15 or above UV blocker. AND NEVER NEVER lick the red area.

I do not leave the house without Quantum's SuperLysine Plus Coldstick. It has an SPF 21. It is the ONLY lip product that I have found to not to cause breakouts around the mouth and to heal lip dryness. Yes, it costs a little more, but it is worth it. Check it out at www.quantumhealth.com

I like to exfoliate my lips. it's easy, just brush your lips with a toothbrush! However, if you have a really hard toothbrush, I don't advise it. Either use a *very* soft one, or use a face washcloth to do it. Don't do it harshly, be *extra* gentle.

Thanks. I don't have chapped lips actually, I just titled it that since it deals somewhat with them. My lips are smooth, I just have the red spot above my lips. Today the swelling went down, I put on Vaseline in the morning before I went to school, and then every 15 minutes or so I would apply some Blistex "Silk and Shine" SPF 15 chapstick, and the red area is starting to get smaller. I've been trying to catch myself if I stick my tongue out, and I've been using my tongue a lot less, and when I feel the urge I put on chapstick. Hopefully it'll be gone in a day or so.

There's this stuff that blistex makes called DCT, daily conditioning treatment. It works really well for cracked lips and it feels really cool.

Mercer

Guest fatman_uk
one word-VASELINE

I thought that was for the other lips...? Ummm. whoops... :oops:

-Gaz

I guess it has many uses!

But seriously i had big red chapped lips for years and tried loads of stuff but vaseline is the only thing that worked really well, better than other chapstick things and its the cheapest. Just dont smear it all over your face or you'll get some strange looks.