Notifications
Clear all

Help Me Improve My Skin! Noticing A Trend...

MemberMember
(@celticsbanner18)

Posted : 10/28/2012 11:50 pm

Hello guys!

Well, since I am posting here, I'm sure you all know WHY I am here.

I am a 22 year old male (23 in a couple weeks) and am struggling with acne.

Sometimes it's not so bad, sometimes it's really bad. Lots of white heads, and painful "bumps"

Well I used proactiv for a while, didn't do anything. Then I switched to proactiv extra strength which surprising worked REALLY well for several months.. Then I stopped because I didn't want to pay for it. Acne came back strong, and when I went back on extra strength proactiv, it didn't work again, which I found very strange.

Anyways, I have noticed that I have extremely oily skin.. Like really bad. It's annoying. And when my skin is oily, I break out. When I find a product that controls my oily skin (nothing works for more than a couple weeks) my acne is very moderate.

Any advice? Any products that I should be using, or any tips that would eliminate the oily skin?

Thanks guys! I'm tired of this!

MemberMember
(@buttsoup)

Posted : 10/29/2012 5:00 pm

Before reading on, this is my own opinion and I might be completely wrong, but I believe this to be the answer for long lasting acne sufferers. You see, at this stage (suffering acne for years and years) I think topicals have little to no effect on acne. Your acne is clearly something internal, not external. It will be either a food related issue i.e. allergy/intolerance or poor digestive health. The latter counts double for those who have used anti-biotics for long extended periods. For those who do not know, anti biotics kill all bacteria, including the good one's which help digest your food.

So my advice would be to first find out if you have any kind of food allergy. In most cases people are allergic to gluten and dairy. Secondly to buy pro biotics and make sure to eat plenty of fibrous foods (beans contain lots and lots of fibre).

Perhaps read through this topic and see how other people think about it.

Goodluck and to all of you reading this, always keep an open mind when trying to get rid of acne. The solution might very well be something you never thought of before.

MemberMember
(@celticsbanner18)

Posted : 10/29/2012 11:00 pm

Don't have any food alergies... Not taking any anti-biotics....

Any other suggestions...?

MemberMember
(@the_mystery_of_lifehotmail-com)

Posted : 10/29/2012 11:48 pm

if you think your problem is because of your oil skin, well benzol peroxide help a lot but a cheaper way to do that if you don't want to pay for it is every night before you go to bed apply to your face a mix of lemon juice with baking soda, that will control your oily skin and if you have some scar it will help a little bit try it for a week if you don't see any result with your skin just stop it

MemberMember
(@celticsbanner18)

Posted : 10/30/2012 3:11 pm

if you think your problem is because of your oil skin, well benzol peroxide help a lot but a cheaper way to do that if you don't want to pay for it is every night before you go to bed apply to your face a mix of lemon juice with baking soda, that will control your oily skin and if you have some scar it will help a little bit try it for a week if you don't see any result with your skin just stop it

I do use a BP cleanser but it seems to stop working after a while.

And I'm using a astringent that is "oil eliminating" that also seems to lose it's effectiveness after a while.

MemberMember
(@the_mystery_of_lifehotmail-com)

Posted : 10/30/2012 4:39 pm

I do use a BP cleanser but it seems to stop working after a while.

And I'm using a astringent that is "oil eliminating" that also seems to lose it's effectiveness after a while.

i been using a mix lemon juice with baking soda for a week already i apply it every night next day my oily skin seen better i leave the mix over night, give it a try and see if it work for you

MemberMember
(@takenick)

Posted : 11/02/2012 10:09 pm

Don't listen to anyone telling you to rub poo on your face or change your diet. It's futile. The root cause of acne is hormones... Get some bloodwork done. You have the genetic disposition for acne, and probably have super high testosterone (Mine was 880, normal range is 250 - 800). See my thread.