Notifications
Clear all

Good Lightweight Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin? (On Accutane)

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 10/28/2012 9:54 pm

Hey everyone.

Im on Accutane Month 3 about to begin Month 4 and my skin is obviously dry. I just ran out of moisturizer and I need a good one that isn't pricey.

I used "Skinceuticals Daily Moisture"- Lightweight Pore Minimizing Moisturizer for normal and oily skin. It worked really good. I just ran out of it, and it's a pricey Moisturizer ($60-70). Can someone suggest me a good, not to pricey moisturizer with similar components to the one mentioned above that is good for people with sensitive skin? Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@insonia)

Posted : 10/29/2012 2:40 am

You can try QV day moisturizing cream, which is inexpensive and has SPF of 30. I use daily now together with my concealer for my blemishes and my big pimple.

At night, you can try QV night moisturizing cream (v good when now your skin is c dry) or avene light hydrating cream. QV is really inexpensive, non oily, doesn't clog pores. Avene is more expensive but of course, it is pretty good.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 10/29/2012 6:52 am

Cetaphil or CeraVE bout 20$

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 10/29/2012 8:37 am

I agree with andrew. Cetaphil and CereVe are super simple, gentle and effective.

I will be starting month 4 on Accutane in about a week as well. AND....I lived and breathed soccer (until chronic injury forced me to quit cry.gif )

How are you coming along with your treatment?

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 10/29/2012 3:02 pm

I agree with andrew. Cetaphil and CereVe are super simple, gentle and effective.

I will be starting month 4 on Accutane in about a week as well. AND....I lived and breathed soccer (until chronic injury forced me to quit cry.gif )

How are you coming along with your treatment?

So far so good. All I see is improvement. A couple of cysts but not bad at all, and my face is just red (which makes it look like I have a ton of pimples). Can't play soccer yet because of a broken finger and since I'm goalie I won't tolerate a ball to the face just yet. I'm on a low dose course too so it might take a bit, but it's just as effective on the long run :) How are you with your treatment?

MemberMember
(@emt813)

Posted : 11/02/2012 10:41 pm

I love Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin. It has no oil, fragrance, or dyes and sinks in really well. I think I bought it for about $10 from Walgreens. Hope your experience with Accutane is going well so far!