Notifications
Clear all

Intermittent Fasting

MemberMember
(@stephenmcl)

Posted : 10/28/2012 7:51 pm

Hey everyone, starting monday 29th October, i am going to start intermittent fasting as i have read on this site several people have had success with this, and honestly if i don't control what i eat i dont feel i will be doing anything, basically im going to fast 19 hours of the day, 12am - 7pm, so i will have a 5 hour window in which i plan on only eating eggs, water and fruits, going to try this for at least 2-3 weeks and see what results i can get, thinking that maybe it is hormone, gluten, related, hoping it works, if anyone else wants to try this with me, i would really appreciate with the support, as, of course i don't go out anymore, work - straight home, so i have no-one else to go through this with, and i don't wanna involve my parents in it as it must depress them aswell seeing me lock myself in my room for like the last year of my life, THE FIGHT IS ON, YOU SHALL BE BEAT ACNE!!!, going to require a tremendous amount of willpower to do this, but i will do it.

MemberMember
(@fitness-freak)

Posted : 10/28/2012 7:57 pm

I do this for bodybuilding purposes, and im usually very clear when i do it. Seem to have better resistance to insulin, so when i eat something sugary it wont break me out.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/29/2012 9:27 am

Why are you limiting your foods that much? What about greens?

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/29/2012 11:08 am

Hey everyone, starting monday 29th October, i am going to start intermittent fasting as i have read on this site several people have had success with this, and honestly if i don't control what i eat i dont feel i will be doing anything, basically im going to fast 19 hours of the day, 12am - 7pm, so i will have a 5 hour window in which i plan on only eating eggs, water and fruits, going to try this for at least 2-3 weeks and see what results i can get, thinking that maybe it is hormone, gluten, related, hoping it works, if anyone else wants to try this with me, i would really appreciate with the support, as, of course i don't go out anymore, work - straight home, so i have no-one else to go through this with, and i don't wanna involve my parents in it as it must depress them aswell seeing me lock myself in my room for like the last year of my life, THE FIGHT IS ON, YOU SHALL BE BEAT ACNE!!!, going to require a tremendous amount of willpower to do this, but i will do it.

As alternativista said, why the limit on your foods?

I'm not fan of IF but the people who do use it eat nutrient dense foods and this has to take priority over any pattern of eating.

Regardless of how you eat, if you don't provide the essential fuel sources then your body is going to suffer. You really should have a think about what to eat before you decide when to eat.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 10/29/2012 11:28 am

I don't understand why you would only be eating basically sugar and eggs. I'm not one for limiting fruit, but eating only fruit and eggs (which can be a potential allergen) in an acne experiment like this doesn't really make sense to me. What's your reasoning?

MemberMember
(@outofoptions)

Posted : 10/29/2012 1:03 pm

Seem to have better resistance to insulin, so when i eat something sugary it wont break me out.

You mean insulin sensitivity? Insulin Resistance is not a good thing....

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/29/2012 1:49 pm

I do this for bodybuilding purposes, and im usually very clear when i do it. Seem to have better resistance to insulin, so when i eat something sugary it wont break me out.

Surely you mean sensitivity?

Being resistant is one place you do not want to be.

MemberMember
(@stephenmcl)

Posted : 10/29/2012 3:26 pm

What foods are good to eat while doing this, i was thinking eggs and fruit because that was all i knew that was definately good, also going to be gluten free, what foods would be good, i also have a juicer so would be looking to make smoothies also, what foods can i eat people!!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/29/2012 3:43 pm

What foods are good to eat while doing this, i was thinking eggs and fruit because that was all i knew that was definately good, also going to be gluten free, what foods would be good, i also have a juicer so would be looking to make smoothies also, what foods can i eat people!!

All kinds of real whole nutrient dense foods. Vegetables, chicken, sardines...

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/29/2012 4:23 pm

Too much fruit isn't necessarily good. Whatever way you peg it, fruit contains a lot of sugar, too much sugar in any form is not a good thing. It needs to be balanced like any other food.

Good foods.

Veg. High fibrous green veg

lean proteins, chicken, turkey, fish, beef., eggs

Essential fats, olive oil, udos oil, coconut oil, nuts, oily fish like salmon

Other Carb sources, Sweet potatoes, quinoa, gluten free pasta

Fruits, personally i stick to apples and berries like blueberries. Blueberries for me are the super food next to eggs.

MemberMember
(@fitness-freak)

Posted : 10/30/2012 7:13 pm

Surely you mean sensitivity?

Being resistant is one place you do not want to be.

Yeh yeh sensitivity sorry.