Notifications
Clear all

Clogged Pores X Blackheads?

MemberMember
(@viki90)

Posted : 10/28/2012 4:17 pm

Hi guys, I've just wanted to ask you... My skin is very f....... up :(. I have like clogged pores everywhere on my body... Starting from my face and ending at my legs... It's really hard to live with because whatever activity I do I break out... I used to have a lot of pimples as well but now my problem is clogged pores or whatever it is. When I push it out, usually hard waxy plug comes out together with a hair! Which is kinda confusing... Could anyone help me how to treat that? I have tried everything. Akneroxid, Eryfluid, eating loads of zinc. I eat like super healthy and still nothing is happening. I'm starting to think that the more I try the more I fail. I eat carrots a lot, drink green teas, dont eat sweets, dont eat rubbish, eat only whole-meal food. I even stopped going out because when people smoke there my pores get clogged immediately. Now, I'm getting more and more angry and I want the doctor to prescribe me Accutane because my skin is also super oily. I'm fed up with this life. I wanna have normal life and not to be sitting at home when Im 22 :(... Thanks guys x

The pic below is what comes out of my pores - this sample is from my forearms! yeah even from that :(

post-180290-0-16209000-1351458995.jpg

post-180290-0-16209000-1351458995.jpg

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 10/28/2012 4:32 pm

Hi guys, I've just wanted to ask you... My skin is very f....... up :(. I have like clogged pores everywhere on my body... Starting from my face and ending at my legs... It's really hard to live with because whatever activity I do I break out... I used to have a lot of pimples as well but now my problem is clogged pores or whatever it is. When I push it out, usually hard waxy plug comes out together with a hair! Which is kinda confusing... Could anyone help me how to treat that? I have tried everything. Akneroxid, Eryfluid, eating loads of zinc. I eat like super healthy and still nothing is happening. I'm starting to think that the more I try the more I fail. I eat carrots a lot, drink green teas, dont eat sweets, dont eat rubbish, eat only whole-meal food. I even stopped going out because when people smoke there my pores get clogged immediately. Now, I'm getting more and more angry and I want the doctor to prescribe me Accutane because my skin is also super oily. I'm fed up with this life. I wanna have normal life and not to be sitting at home when Im 22 :(... Thanks guys x

The pic below is what comes out of my pores - this sample is from my forearms! yeah even from that :(

Maybe you could try an aha lotion or cream 8% or higher. Do you exfoliate at all? My back gets the biggest closed comedones and blackheads. The only thing that helps is Epsom salt baths and grisi sulfur soap. Both those products can be found at target and cvs.

I get blackheads that are the size of a grain of rice on my back. Both the Epsom salt and sulfur soap work great for me. You should try them because they might work for you too!

I also use Walgreens brand aha 8% cream on my face and it really helps slough off dead skin. I have super oily skin and dry skin so I get clogged pores on my face all the time.

MemberMember
(@viki90)

Posted : 10/29/2012 2:01 am

Hi there, I'm not exfoliating. My skin gets so damaged as I have tried. I used like peeling creams on my face and it made my face even worse and was so dry. No I only wash with gel designed for young ppl and then put excipial u hydrolotion I n my face & body. I must say that my ypoer back is now better. It used to be like sandpaper but nw it's smooth. Maybe from the proper hydration. However, my chest broke up a week ago and can't fetch it under control. Now using akneroxid but still breaking out. I m also taking an autovaccine that has been made from the pimple on my back. I will try what u suggested but I would really like to know whsets wrong. My skin gets more oily and breaks out when I use different tap water for showering or when I wear a shirt I'm broken out like crazy. The hot weather makes it really bed as well. What kind of life is that? No matter how Hard I try it doesn't seem to be improving ... and the scarring all over my body. Incredible :-(

MemberMember
(@pendulumswings)

Posted : 10/29/2012 3:13 am

if you cant take scrubs you should try one less abrasive or look into chemical exfoliation like a AHA gel.

MemberMember
(@viki90)

Posted : 10/29/2012 3:24 am

yeah I could do that but I got that like everywhere on my skin.... :/

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/29/2012 8:36 am

I think you might have keratosis pilaris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris

Have you tried topical retinoids?

MemberMember
(@viki90)

Posted : 10/30/2012 10:29 am

I have been diagnosted with that by one doctor but that's nonsense... KP isnt on like oily skin and when u push the stuff out it doesn't look like what I have :(... Yeah, I have tried Retin A cream... No success ... :(

MemberMember
(@pendulumswings)

Posted : 10/31/2012 5:42 am

do you steam your face? try steaming your face and then using a scrub afterwards when your pores are open to get out all the gunk. do this 2-3 times a week. look for products with salicylic acid in them because they got deep down and unplug the blockages.

MemberMember
(@viki90)

Posted : 11/01/2012 5:01 pm

I don't steam my face... I am scared to try it cos my face is now quite okay... I do have the stubborn blackheads but fortunatelly no whitehead atm. Which, however, changes every day and dunno why... I tend to get whiteheads or clogged pores more on my body than face :(.. I'm trying to use salicid acid, but the products in my country suck... You have like 1% of salicid acid in the product :((