Notifications
Clear all

"stop Being So Down, Or I Won't Help You."

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 10/28/2012 2:00 pm

I can't stop crying. Why can't my family support me, or even act like they care? I hate asking for help. I hate that I'm putting myself through this....if I could just be happy, wouldn't you think I'd be over my skin problems by now? They don't understand what I'm going through. Maybe they would be if I were gone.

Sorry for the angsty post. Ugh...

Wish I had someone to talk to :/

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 10/28/2012 2:12 pm

You can talk to all of us!! We know exactly what you're going through <3 It's hard for people with no acne to understand, I believe that from going through all of this, we (the suffers) become much more empathetic in general. You're not putting yourself through anything! It's not your fault you're down about your skin, it's just a given. Don't think you're at fault!

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 10/28/2012 2:32 pm

I know. I wish I could believe that. But it is my fault. I don't even have really really bad acne, and the only reason I have scars is from picking. And I can help it sometimes. But after my last really big scar, I can't even look in the mirror. I feel so sick.

I've spent my whole life waiting for things to get better... my family issues, my issues, and I feel like giving up. And the only time I ever persisted in anything, to be with someone I couldn't stop thinking about, and that had come true... now I feel like I could lose him. And its all because of me. I need to be saved from myself.

Oh I'm sounding so melodramatic... I'm sorry :/

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 10/28/2012 2:57 pm

Scars are tough, but there are always options. Whenever you go to pick, just take your hand away and do something else with it. Like, fiddle with a pen or sit on it or something! It will save you a LOT of grief in the future. Also, I have honestly realised and learned lately that waiting for things to get better does nothing, you need to change things yourself! I know that sounds annoying and impossible but I was doing the same thing, and was only driving myself into further depression when things weren't changing. Then by changing my thinking, accepting that worrying about things that can't be changed is pointless and changing the things I can actually change will cease the problem and stop the worrying in the end. (yay run-on sentences!) Avoid things that can cause problems, whether that's arguing with a certain person, or even just a certain person, you know what I mean? And if you're with this guy you like so much, just make the most out of being with them. I have experience with this too, I was worrying that i'd lose him, but I realised that if the relationship did end, i'd look back and think '...i just wasted what could have been amazing with worrying'. If it ends, it ends. At least I could acknowledge that I had a great time with this person and made the most of it.

This could be a load of crap to you because I don't know your situation but I hope I helped at least a tiiiiny bit.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 10/28/2012 3:26 pm

How are you when it comes to taking care of your body? i.e. exercise, diet, sleep habits, hobbies etc?

Take care of your body and your mind will heal with time. It seems like there is a lot more underlying issues going on than just acne. And like you said, your acne is mild. Its time to dig deep and repair yourself from within.

Prayer, meditation, regular exercise, eating well, getting good rest.. just a few things that come to mind will help you heal.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 10/28/2012 7:07 pm

Chloelauraa. Thankyou, it helps me in someways, but things are so much easier said then done. And I literally just did something stupid... far worse than picking. I cut my hand open on glass shards... I don't want to be like that, but I feel like that pain replaces emotional pain... but I swore I wouldn't. Ugh...

And Tuflfuck, I gave up soda almost a year ago. It's been strictly water. I eat pretty healthy, I'd like to think... but due to money issues, I eat what I'm given, for the most part... if my anxiety will alow me to. I don't really exercise, but I'm always on my feet. I think I'm pretty healthy, physically.

I'm sorry to go on about these things, and I may be a little too open... but this is just the severity of it. I'm trying to not let things control me, but when one thing goes wrong in my life, every hurt comes creeping back. I can't even wake up happy anymore. I wake up with my heart racing, feeling like I'm in a nightmare... I just need help :/

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/29/2012 2:18 am

look around how people have cleared their acne whether through diet, juicing, topicals etc. Its not impossible.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 10/29/2012 2:50 am

It's not the acne that worries me so much. It's the scars...

MemberMember
(@chloelauraa)

Posted : 10/30/2012 8:29 pm

That sounds serious, I don't know how to help....

Things are easier said than done, definitely, I think the same. But nothing is going to change if you don't start sometime. You don't want to feel miserable forever, right? I know there's some kind of.....comfort, almost? In feeling sad, like you won't get too disappointed/upset by things if you're already sad rather than being previously happy (that may not apply to you but sometimes it applies to me!). But trust me, it's better to feel at LEAST content some of the time than to feel miserable all of the time. It makes things 100x times more difficult when you're sad to do even simple daily stuff, as you probably know. About the scars, skin can regenerate, and heal, and some scars get better over time (at least, I think, I've noticed mine got better over time. I mean pitting not PIH too) If they're severe, lots of people have had good results with lasers etc. Not all hope is lost. It's expensive, but if you could save up, it would be worth it. And sttoooppp picking!!!! That's easier said than done too, but whenever you go to pick just think NO, not today. And if you think 'Just this once couldn't hurt', remind yourself that it will, and you will be upset about it a few weeks down the line. I have a horrible habit of picking at my lips, I'll need to put this into practice as I'm on accutane and lip picking + accutane = more than likely a bloody mess!

Take care.