Notifications
Clear all

Popping It Or Not?

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 10/28/2012 9:44 am

Hi everyone! Back on the caveman, and back to normal skin (after a disastrous clean & clear trial).

My skin just does not take anything, after 2 Accutane cycles. In my mid 30s, and the only way to control my acne is to put nothing.

Downside is: I sometimes get one of those stubborn pimples.

It starts as a purple - reddish circle, almost like a rash zone.

Very inflammed. Propably a food allergy response.

Then a head slowly develops in the center of the purple -reddish circle.

It grows, as the red zone shrinks (like this center absorbs and feeds on the red circle to grow into a head).

I have put some SA last night, and to my great surprise, the red circle around the pimple is already much smaller.

The pimple is elevated, and it is slowly turning into a white heard. But not yet "very" white.

I would like to get rid of it before work tomorrow.

Should I pop it?

MemberMember
(@melissa6980)

Posted : 10/29/2012 10:24 pm

Did you? You could try. Just be gentle and if it doesn't work, leave it alone for a little while longer (which I know is sometimes hard to do).

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 11/01/2012 10:32 pm

I did not and boy what a mistake. 5 days after, the pimple has gone down, but it now has 2 brothers next to him. It's one of those area which got infected, and so I am not having 3 small pimples next to one another, looking bad. I tried hammering them with Cicalfate...... Bad idea. The cream only made things worse in the end...

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 12/04/2013 2:28 am

I did not and boy what a mistake. 5 days after, the pimple has gone down, but it now has 2 brothers next to him. It's one of those area which got infected, and so I am not having 3 small pimples next to one another, looking bad. I tried hammering them with Cicalfate...... Bad idea. The cream only made things worse in the end...

Still getting those.... But trying to sauna them out. Big breakout after the first session. Hope it means pores are emptying themselves of whatever gunk is in them

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 12/04/2013 12:28 pm

Pimples like that are ideal candidates for icing and then spot- treating it with SA or BP.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 12/05/2013 2:20 am

I am trying to avoid SA and BP. Too irritating. Have you tried sauna them out?