Notifications
Clear all

Icepick Pores/scarred Pores/enlarged Pores? (Excuse The Pic)

MemberMember
(@augustseptember)

Posted : 10/28/2012 4:41 am

Hello guys, i don't know what to do with my nose, as you can see on the pictures, pores are really huge and visible, is this ice pick pores? pockmarks?, i hate talking face to face, really hurts my confidence, i always look away when talking to someone, can't even last a second, im really depress about this, can't even get a girlfriend because of this, 2 feet away i know they can see my huge pores =(( can dermaroller solve this? what medication should i do? God please help me.

ux85w.jpg

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 10/28/2012 1:39 pm

It's unlikely anyone notices your pores from two feet away or even one foot away. I think you're being far too hard on yourself. Your nose looks normal. Zoom in on anyone's nose and you'll see enlarged pores. It's perfectly normal.

MemberMember
(@augustseptember)

Posted : 10/29/2012 12:04 am

but can dermaroller make it smaller somehow?

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 10/29/2012 1:18 am

No I don't think a derma roller will help. Chemical peels will help you more. Try a 30% glycolic peel. Makeupartistchoice.com has some good peels to offer.

MemberMember
(@augustseptember)

Posted : 10/29/2012 1:51 am

No I don't think a derma roller will help. Chemical peels will help you more. Try a 30% glycolic peel. Makeupartistchoice.com has some good peels to offer.

But some of the pores are kinda deep

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 10/29/2012 1:05 pm

But some of the pores are kinda deep

If you think the derma roller would work best for your condition try it! The nose is a sensitive area to roll so I would suggest getting a derma stamp instead of roller. Make sure you don't get a stamp with needles longer than 1.0 mm. I would start out with a 0.5mm first then go up from there. The 0.5 can be used two to maybe 3 times a week. Doing glycolic peels in between rolling/stamping will give you good results.

I am not expert but all I said above comes from personal experience.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 10/29/2012 5:14 pm

It's unlikely anyone notices your pores from two feet away or even one foot away. I think you're being far too hard on yourself. Your nose looks normal. Zoom in on anyone's nose and you'll see enlarged pores. It's perfectly normal.

Seconded.

My boyfriend has very large pores on his nose and inner cheeks and I only noticed after a few years, one time when I couldn't sleep and was looking at his face in very unflattering light from an inch's distance. This is the only time they've been visible to me, sometimes I might be able to see them if I try to look for them (usually when I'm feeling bad about my own skin), but even then it just looks like normal skin. The only reason I've taken any notice to begin with is because it consoled me that his skin wasn't completely perfect either. As someone who is self-conscious about acne scars and scans other people's skin for imperfections on a daily basis (unfortunately) - honestly, if I don't notice my boyfriend's pores, no one but you would ever notice these. I probably have worse nose pores than you do, and I've never given them a second thought.

As for dermarolling your nose, I've read that the skin on the nose can behave unpredictably and you should be careful if you try it. I haven't heard of dermarolling helping with pores much anyway (I would think mild peels would be better), but you've probably read about it more than I. Hope you find something that helps, although I would honestly forget about this whole thing, if I were you.

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 10/29/2012 8:01 pm

Hello guys, i don't know what to do with my nose, as you can see on the pictures, pores are really huge and visible, is this ice pick pores? pockmarks?, i hate talking face to face, really hurts my confidence, i always look away when talking to someone, can't even last a second, im really depress about this, can't even get a girlfriend because of this, 2 feet away i know they can see my huge pores =(( can dermaroller solve this? what medication should i do? God please help me.

ux85w.jpg

Everyones nose has enlarged pores when you zoom in like that.

Do you have acne scars on your cheeks? On your temples? On your forehead?

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 11/04/2012 8:33 pm

I've been dermarolling for 1 1/2 years but only on the area around my lips and chin. The last time I rolled (last week, I think) I got the nerve to roll my nose and it did not feel right. Can't really explain but it scared me. I googled it and read that you should never roll the nose because it doesn't heal normally. that scared me...but my nose is okay. I've got huge pores on my nose but I bought this product from Clinique that you rub on and it covered them completely. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued. I think because the little bottle lasts forever...mine is 2 years old and I still have product in there so I am assuming they weren't selling many but it's an AMAZING product. It's called Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector. It totally covered up ALL the holes. I haven't had to look for another product since I still use mine (on my nose only so that's why it has lasted so long) so maybe you can find something like that.

by the way, my nose pores are worse than yours (always have had enlarged pores) and I never had a problem getting guys. lol One even married me. :) I think you just need to stop focusing on those little pores and enjoy life. Maybe that's why you are having trouble finding a girlfriend. Your self confidence is down and people can sense it and you not looking people in the eye when talking to them probably turns them off.

MemberMember
(@kman99)

Posted : 11/07/2012 7:44 pm

hey this is augustseptember, thanks for the input guys, appreciate it, im currently on 20mg/day of istoretinoin (acnetrex) i don't know if i can do peels or dermarolling/dermastamp since im on accutane, how about needling does it work? make a small cut on the bottom of the pores, make it bleed? will it closeup somehow?

and i don't know but my head keeps telling me its really noticable at close-up when im talking to people face to face, because im looking at their nose literally, its like a habbit now and i can't see any open pores on their nose :(

MemberMember
(@augustseptember)

Posted : 11/09/2012 5:36 am

hey this is augustseptember, thanks for the input guys, appreciate it, im currently on 20mg/day of istoretinoin (acnetrex) i don't know if i can do peels or dermarolling/dermastamp since im on accutane, how about needling does it work? make a small cut on the bottom of the pores, make it bleed? will it closeup somehow?

and i don't know but my head keeps telling me its really noticable at close-up when im talking to people face to face, because im looking at their nose literally, its like a habbit now and i can't see any open pores on their nose sad.png

bump

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/09/2012 6:16 am

No, you cannot do needling or dermarolling or peels on accutane, that could cause further scarring. Accutane impairs the skin's healing and you shouldn't do any treatments while on it and for at least 6 months after finishing. This is actually very serious, and you'd be more than likely to cause much more harm to your skin if you attempted anything while on accutane.

Your nose pores really are not noticeable to others, and Accutane might even make them smaller. Stop worrying and go enjoy your life.

MemberMember
(@augustseptember)

Posted : 11/11/2012 2:50 am

No, you cannot do needling or dermarolling or peels on accutane, that could cause further scarring. Accutane impairs the skin's healing and you shouldn't do any treatments while on it and for at least 6 months after finishing. This is actually very serious, and you'd be more than likely to cause much more harm to your skin if you attempted anything while on accutane.

Your nose pores really are not noticeable to others, and Accutane might even make them smaller. Stop worrying and go enjoy your life.

thanks for the heads up astra, how about i lower my dosage of accutane to 10/mg a day then use retin-a on my nose? will that work?

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/11/2012 4:04 pm

I haven't taken accutane myself, so I'm not sure if you can use retin-a while on it or not. You could ask your derm, perhaps? I would wait until the course is over and see what the skin looks like then before trying other treatments.

MemberMember
(@kman99)

Posted : 01/07/2013 8:23 pm

hey guys it's been a while i have been using retin a + moisturizer for 2 months now, i have noticed my pores got smaller somehow i guess, i hope retin a will improve my pores as i continually use it every night and im on low dose accutane 10mg a day, ill keep you guys posted