Notifications
Clear all

No Insurance

MemberMember
(@asturias)

Posted : 10/27/2012 8:08 pm

Hi there. my name is bastian i'm 22 years old. I'm suffering from mid-to-severe acne..

the pain is tremendous that sometimes it makes you wanna cry.... i'm having mild acne in my left side of face while on my right side i suffer from severe acne that already cause mild scars and a bunch of red marks.. saddly i try so many medicine that i unfortunaly burn my right side with very hot thyme and it looks kinda bad... i never suffer acne in my teen years and now i am which is bad because it makes me feel so sad lonely and wishing to not leave my house..

Unfortunaly i don't got insurance and i really need it at this point.

i'm visting a dermatologist for the first time in my life and is very exciting howver i am afraid of how much is going to cost to me to aquire accutane without insurance.. can anyone please help me figure out how much would accutane will cost me?

i got this two very deep pimples that really hurt...

i continue getting new pimples everyday even if i dont eat that much... it makes u feel so lonely and the worse it makes u feel that it will stay forever and you wont be able to get marry or get somewhere in life....

I'm sorry to write a lot i just really need to get informed about the real cost of getting accutane without insurance thank you :)

MemberMember
(@inndem)

Posted : 10/28/2012 3:15 am

A lot depends on the pharmacy. If you're in the States, Costco has really cheap Accutane. If and when you get a prescription, just call all of the pharmacies in the area and ask them how much it would cost. Don't forget about places like Target and Walmart wink.png It also depends on your weight, but you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 a month to $500 a month.

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/28/2012 4:07 pm

Accutane itself is expensive but the whole process is even more costly. Here is my cost if I didn't have insurance.

Monthly dermatologist visit - i don't know $100+

Monthly blood test - $156 (Labcorp)

Accutane 30mg - $475 (RiteAid)

Accutane 60mg - $950 (RiteAid)

Moisturizer - $10

Lip Moisturizer - $10

Eye Drops - $12

Gentle Facewash - $10

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 10/31/2012 8:00 am

Accutane itself is expensive but the whole process is even more costly. Here is my cost if I didn't have insurance.

Monthly dermatologist visit - i don't know $100+

Monthly blood test - $156 (Labcorp)

Accutane 30mg - $475 (RiteAid)

Accutane 60mg - $950 (RiteAid)

Moisturizer - $10

Lip Moisturizer - $10

Eye Drops - $12

Gentle Facewash - $10

Yup. That's about what mine costs. We have high deductible family insurance and we have finally met it ($2400) thanks mostly to me :/

My accutane (Claravis) comes from Walmart and we pay $766 a month for 60mg a day. I take 2, 30mg tabs. My first month was half that expensive because my dose was half as much. I know I'm not paying for it myself (my parents are WONDERFUL) and I do feel guilty because it isn't like I am really SICK but It's been worth it. SO worth it. My parents are really happy for me, seeing how it's making me feel so much better about myself. Acne can really kill self esteem. I hope you can swing it, my friend.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 10/31/2012 8:23 am

Bastian, you should at least apply for medicaid so that you can get some health coverage. Accutane may not cure you anyways and a dermatologist may have you try other regimens first because accutane should be a last resort. The dermatologist will probably put you on antibiotics for at least 3 months and give you topicals treatments to use and if that doesn't work they will have you go on accutane. While waiting to go to the dermatologist couple things you can do now, drink a lot of water (till your urine is pretty much clear), take a multivitamin, make sure you are eating a balanced diet and change your pillowcase every night.