Notifications
Clear all

Do You Hate It When People Point Out That Your Face Is Shiny/oily/greasy?

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/27/2012 12:15 pm

When my acne was much more noticable but my skin was still oily, people would point it out. Now my acne is much less noticable, so they point out that my face is oily! Almost as if my acne was distracting the attention from the oil...

But honestly, when the conversation turns to 'silly jokes', the first thing people will make fun of me for is guaranteed to be that my face is shiny or whatever, something along the lines, strangely enough, people won't usually point out that your face is flaky and dry, I feel like there's some kind of unfair bias towards oily skin.

Now, because I'm an adult and I only spend time with adults [i don't like the company of people younger than me] this really doesn't come up often, but when I was in school/college other girls would always go on about how I need to wash my face more often blah blah when I wasn't wearing make up and how this and that product gets rid of THEIR oil, when in fact their skin wasn't even oily to begin with, it really annoyed the crap out of me.

I remember some guy once said that my forehead looked like I polished it with a cloth...rolleyes.gif

So besides your acne, if you have oily skin, do people like to make comments to you?

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 10/27/2012 4:06 pm

People like to bitch about anything tell them to worry about themselves and to leave u the fuck Alone, at least that's would I would do, not to sound to cruel.

MemberMember
(@ilovemesomevanity)

Posted : 10/27/2012 8:46 pm

But honestly, when the conversation turns to 'silly jokes', the first thing people will make fun of me for is guaranteed to be that my face is shiny or whatever, something along the lines, strangely enough, people won't usually point out that your face is flaky and dry, I feel like there's some kind of unfair bias towards oily skin.

seriously? they did that to you? wooow thats classy, they must be real fun to be around :|

i think my oil is pretty obvious, but no one points it out to me... or at least not directly to me O.o

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 10/27/2012 9:04 pm

Someone did exactly that to me, in front of a large group of people, including my crush at the time. I had never cared about my oily skin before that point..... But that comment made me paranoid for years...

People suck.

MemberMember
(@leavemealone)

Posted : 10/28/2012 1:50 am

For my school photo, I was in the weights room beforehand, so I guess you could say I was beat and pouring with sweat as I got my picture taken. I looked like I just finished a marathon and for about a month or so, I copped a bit from everyone, but it was all in good fun, at least I think it was. Other than that, my face tends to get oily at times, which can get quite frustrating.

MemberMember
(@hunyeo)

Posted : 10/28/2012 1:57 am

There are times when i feel my face is getting better but somehow crappy people makes me feel like its getting worse. They ask me stupid questions like have you tried blah blah blah.. It worked for my blah blah blah.. They are awful. I didnt even ask for their ideas, suggestions. I didnt even open the darn topic.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/28/2012 9:20 am

seriously? they did that to you? wooow thats classy, they must be real fun to be around neutral.gif i think my oil is pretty obvious, but no one points it out to me... or at least not directly to me O.o

Hmm yeah, that person is not my favourite, but when you're with a group of people, you can't just say to someone, 'I don't like you, so you have to leave' because that makes you an a***, and not them. When this person gets drunk, he tends to act like an idiot anyway, and says rude things to pretty much everyone.

Someone did exactly that to me, in front of a large group of people, including my crush at the time. I had never cared about my oily skin before that point..... But that comment made me paranoid for years...

People suck.

Yeah they do. It's not that I really care about what they say, but when different people keep saying the same things to you it gets frustrating and annoying

MemberMember
(@flowergirl1234)

Posted : 10/30/2012 5:35 pm

Even when I had horrible acne people only really commented on how shiny and greasy my face looked. They all thought it was just the pound of foundation I put on... Oily skin seems to be even tougher to get rid of than acne.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/03/2012 8:27 pm

the only time someone ever said anything about my oily skin was kind of funny/embarrassing

me and my friend were playing rock band and i was playing drums (NOT sweating at ALL) and her mom comes into the room and looks at me and says "omg your forehead is sweating ur playing so hard..." or something like that and i literally was like WHUT huh.png no no no its just oily i don't sweat omgggg... so embarassing that she thought it was actually sweat..thats when i realized just how abnormal my skin is..... frig

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/04/2012 9:20 am

Ugh, I'm sorry you guys... Nothing like that has happened to me that I can recall. Although when my acne was really bad (like, severe severe) I definitely got a lot of stares and comments. The comments would be things like "What have you tried for that?" or "I'm so sorry, that looks awful" or "Are you picking at your face?" Most of the comments were not meant to be mean, they were usually either pity or pathetic offers to "help" but it still hurt.

I think severe skin problems make everyone uncomfortable, even those who are just around you like coworkers... People see that you're suffering and insecure and they feel awkward so they say something... But a lot of stuff mentioned in this thread is just people being flat out mean and that's unacceptable!

MemberMember
(@adhpn7)

Posted : 11/06/2012 10:10 am

Yeah I dislike that. An I really dislike the "your makeup is cakey.." Line. I used to get it all the time in Highschool. I really don't understand why people feel the need to go around and point things out like they're doing a huge favor. It's just rude in my opinion.