Notifications
Clear all

Dumbfounded

MemberMember
(@beavis55)

Posted : 10/26/2012 7:38 pm

I've been dealing with acne for 8 years, started early around when I was 12. I've been perscribed severeal treatments including BP and accutane...twice!

Accutane stopped all pimples and cysts for several months but they slowly came back. As of now my forehead is clear, my cheeks are clear (still scars) my shoulder/chest acne is manageable, my neck, chin and nose area are a war zone.

I only get pimples/cysts on my neck and chest/back but its usually manageable.

My main concern is my chin and nose area. I don't get any pimples or cysts there but its covered in blackheads and small whiteheads. Its also ALWAYS red, even when I was on accutane. The red skin never goes away. I take fish oil and its reduced the redness a bit.

Is it possible this red skin is a different type of acne and I've never been properly treating it?

MemberMember
(@pendulumswings)

Posted : 10/29/2012 3:12 am

blackheads/whiteheads are clogged pores. do you exfoliate? you need to do something to unclog the pores try going to the steam room or steaming your face in the house. exercise should help.

MemberMember
(@beavis55)

Posted : 10/29/2012 1:07 pm

well i have not tried exfoliating. i was always scared it would agitate my face, but after doing research it seems beneficial. any recommend products?

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 10/29/2012 1:21 pm

You might have Rosacea. Have you had that area seen by a derm?

MemberMember
(@beavis55)

Posted : 10/29/2012 4:29 pm

yes ive had it looked at. im pretty positive its not rosecea