Notifications
Clear all

Hydrogen Peroxide Toner?

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/26/2012 4:27 pm

So...

What are your thoughts on using HP for a face toner? And I say toner because I don't know of a better way to describe the method of applying something to the skin and not washing it off....

My main question is: is this going to over-dry my skin? And/or is this a dumb idea?

All comments and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

post-185980-0-59318000-1351286827.gif

post-185980-0-59318000-1351286827.gif

MemberMember
(@gingergirl22)

Posted : 10/27/2012 6:48 pm

It's Benzoyl Peroxide that is in many acne products, not Hydrogen Peroxide. I haven't heard of using Hydrogen Peroxide as a toner for acne.

Witch Hazel is used as a toner. There are formulas with other added ingredients - I like Dickinson's Witch Hazel and Aloe pads that are pre-saturated with the solution.

MemberMember
(@aed2712)

Posted : 10/31/2012 11:40 pm

I feel like I'm posting on every thread because I have tried everything! Lol. I have used hydrogen peroxide on my chest and it does clear it up a bit but it takes a while for it to work. I don't think I have tried it on my face. I did read something about it doing some weird thing to the skin like making it thin and unable to heal properly, but who knows if that's true. :)

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 11/01/2012 10:07 pm

I feel like I'm posting on every thread because I have tried everything! Lol. I have used hydrogen peroxide on my chest and it does clear it up a bit but it takes a while for it to work. I don't think I have tried it on my face. I did read something about it doing some weird thing to the skin like making it thin and unable to heal properly, but who knows if that's true. smile.png

Yea I've heard something similar to that. I've been using it a little bit, but I can't say it makes my face look "healthy". I just feel like my natural glow is just gone. My face just looks bad. And it's not so much from acne, it's just my skin looks stressed, tired, irritated.. I don't smoke or drink or do drugs.. I don't drink sodas, I eat very healthy compared to most people. I just want a healthy, natural looking complexion without having to apply moisturizer or some topical ointment to my face.

MemberMember
(@aed2712)

Posted : 11/01/2012 11:45 pm

Don't we all. I was sick of smothering on benzoyl peroxide, using all these special washes, and coming to this site for a "cure" practically every day. So, I decided to go on accutane 2 weeks ago and I'm dealing with the "not worth it" side effects....It might be back to the drawing board for me! : /

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 11/03/2012 9:55 pm

Don't we all. I was sick of smothering on benzoyl peroxide, using all these special washes, and coming to this site for a "cure" practically every day. So, I decided to go on accutane 2 weeks ago and I'm dealing with the "not worth it" side effects....It might be back to the drawing board for me! : /

Yea I feel yea.. and not only that but people think they find "that cure" all the time... only to find out 6 months down the road it's no longer effective. I'm constantly looking for something new.. and I never know when my skin is going to go crazy.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 11/05/2012 8:57 am

It could be used diluted...I wouldn't use it otherwise. Never put it on open lesions though, because it hinders healing and stops a scab from forming. It's anti-bacterial but it also kills good bacteria. As long as you don't have any open wounds, it should work and reduce the acne causing bacteria.

MemberMember
(@anb1998)

Posted : 12/17/2012 9:44 am

I'm not sure if it works or not but I'm just started using it. You know how it bubbles when it is killing infections? yeah well my whole face was bubbleing when I put it on. I feel like thats a good thing and its killing the bateria. I popped a few zits and put it on them and they are already flat, they just have a little scab thing that goes away in like a week.

MemberMember
(@mammasay)

Posted : 12/17/2012 11:15 am

Don't use it on your face. I've done it before and wouldn't again. It doesn't help and causes more scarring. Try Witch Hazel or Apple Cider Vinegar instead. Or buy a natural toner. I like this one: [Removed]