Notifications
Clear all

Low Gi Diet?

MemberMember
(@stephenmcl)

Posted : 10/26/2012 4:11 pm

Hey everyone, gonna start the hollistic methods to try and beat this disease, i want to know what types of food are low gi and what types of food are good to fight this horrible disease, also wondering has anyone had any success with diet?, if so, how long till you noticed results, and just wondering how does stopping eating processed food or high gi food clear the acne that is already on my face, please help :(

MemberMember
(@hutchdan)

Posted : 10/28/2012 4:16 am

Hey everyone, gonna start the hollistic methods to try and beat this disease, i want to know what types of food are low gi and what types of food are good to fight this horrible disease, also wondering has anyone had any success with diet?, if so, how long till you noticed results, and just wondering how does stopping eating processed food or high gi food clear the acne that is already on my face, please help sad.png

Ok, how bad is your acne now?

GI is a good start but you won't be cured. Most get better by replenishing their gut flora, it's not easy but it's up to you.

http://www.acne.org/...10#entry3253710

If your serious about beating it, follow the link i gave you, he'll recommend a website wink.png

Oh and yes, i have a had a lot of success with diet, but mostly a LIFESTYLE change.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/29/2012 9:41 am

Lists of high gi and low gi foods are everywhere and easy to find. But remember it the total affect af all the foods/amounts in every meal that matters. That's called the glycemic load. Low gi foods counter the affect of high gi foods. And low gi foods are those with plenty of fiber and/fat and low in sugars/refined carbs. And by meal I mean any thing you eat together, or any drink or snack eaten alone. For example never eat or drink a sweet thing alone without a high fiber or fat food to lower the glycemic impact. And really, never drink sugar.

Avoiding high glycemic meals is extremely important for all aspects of your health and has benefits far more important than acne. Do it for life.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 10/29/2012 11:02 am

Okay cat amongst the pigeons time.

GI is grossly misused. GI levels of foods are mainly tested on fasted people. GI is far less important on non fasted people especially when consumed with proteins and fats. I would argue that the GI load is more telling than anything else.

Whist i agree low GI foods generally have more nutrients, GI is pretty much irrelevant when non fasted and if consumed with protein and fats.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/29/2012 3:15 pm

Okay cat amongst the pigeons time

????