Notifications
Clear all

Breakout From Retin-A

MemberMember
(@vykal)

Posted : 10/26/2012 11:42 am

Hello, This is my first time posting on this forum so please bare with me. I'm 16/male and suffering from mild acne, I started to get the pimples at the age of 15 but it was just a pimple or two at most at a time. I've tried almost everything available over the counter and nothing has worked for me. (some may have reduced the forming of new pimples but nothing had completely cleared out my face.)

So I decided to go to a local dermatologist and he prescribed me with Retin-A (0.025%) to be applied every night, Mycin Clindamycin Gel 1% every morning and Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion as a cleanser.

I have been doing this for almost a week now and all I have noticed so far is that new pimples are popping up around my nose, cheeks and forehead. And this is not really what I expected to happen. Although new pimples are forming, they shrink the same day or the next day (which is something new)

I really don't know if this is necessary but I have no redness, no dryness or any sort of peeling around any where, does this mean that it is not working or is it? The acne scars can only go away if it peels right?

So please if any one out there wants to lighten me up it would be much appreciated. Thank you! :)

MemberMember
(@vykal)

Posted : 10/26/2012 11:28 pm

Anyone? There's about 20 views and one of you must have an idea? :)

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 10/26/2012 11:45 pm

Its going to cause you to break out a little more the first few weeks. After that it will start to improve. Just hang in there its completely normal. Happens to everyone

MemberMember
(@vykal)

Posted : 10/27/2012 2:56 pm

I don't really see any major improvements as of yet, although the new pimples seem to fade away rather quickly.

What I don't understand is how quickly it affected the skin (as in the initial breakout happens almost after 6 weeks of use but in my case it's only a week)

Any body that has a reason why this could happen? Does this mean it's working more quickly than it should? Is the indication a good thing?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 10/27/2012 10:37 pm

Well just the fact that your breaking out more now shows its working. I think its normal to see this happen within the first 2 weeks. I know every time im on a retnoid thats what happens. Just remember it takes time to get the full effect.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/30/2012 2:25 am

-