Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
msgingersweetie

broken capillaries

Since I have been using the regimen I have developed some broken capillaries. The regimen works wonderfully, so I don't want to stop using it but I was wondering if the broken capillaries will ever go away or do you have to have them treated? (by the way I do use sunscreen everday) I had the same problem when I was on Retin-a and they faded after I got off of it. I was hoping it would be the samw with BP smile.gif Anyone know?

Gingersweetie. I would say they don't tend to go away. Not from my experience but mine are probably from sun exposure not BP. Anyway Old Guy is absolutely right about the laser treatment. I have looked into it and it is not that expensive to treat them and it takes a very short amount of time for the slight redness to subside.

thanks everybody-I hope they go away:) But if not, what kind of laser is good for them? And can you receive the treatment by an aethetician or does it have to be done by a derm? Thanks everyone!

Ive heard the V-Beam laser is best for this and there is little to no downtime. You can resume whatever your doing that day after the treatment.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I have one also that's pretty red. My doc told me that he'd try to experiment with the laser during my smoothbeam treatment...then later on the practitioner said she'd rather focus on the smoothbeam...so it's still there right now *sigh*

It depends on your condition. For some, it can go away in one treatment but for others it may take two or three. Go see a derm and he/she can give you a better evaluation and estimate on number of treatments.

OldGuy: I had full-face V-Beam (not just for broken capillaries, but for other stuff). I have lots of broken capillaries on my cheeks; I inherited it from my father, who has lots of them too.

You might get by with a couple of sessions, but make sure they crank up the powah!

RSX7787, I have asked plastic surgeons about that and they said 1-3 treatments.

Denise2, lol. will do

Btw, mine goes to 11.

well, i think my derm is a jack ass. he told me that he'd have to burn (as in cauterize) my two very small broken capillaries. i would think that it would cause more scarring to have burns on my face. it was hard for me to believe that it was the only way to get rid of broken capillaries. i think i may need a new derm...

My derm suggested the vbeam for me as well. I didn't think i had broken capilaries. What are those like?