Notifications
Clear all

Weight Loss/gain And Scars

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 10/26/2012 10:37 am

Does anyone else notice that the severity of the scarring changes with weight changes? I've been eating more lately and have probably gained 5 pounds in the past week and the scars on my cheeks are far less pronounced now. I no longer see the deep shadows in certain lighting. I'm still going to look for other solutions though apart from gaining a bunch of weight. tongue.png

MemberMember
(@bobby-stephenson)

Posted : 10/26/2012 11:33 am

That doesn't help me. I only gain weight in my belly.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 10/27/2012 9:03 am

Ugh. Terrible for me since I'm losing weight post pregnancy. Makes me not want to!

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 11/10/2012 3:09 am

I definitely notice. I've recently lost about 15 lbs due to some health issues and my scars are way more pronounced.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 11/11/2012 6:17 pm

I get depressed over my scars and I lose weight, but my scars stay the same I don't think they really change with weight loss or gain idk I might be wrong.

MemberMember
(@ericgaults)

Posted : 11/12/2012 5:26 am

I get depressed over my scars and I lose weight, but my scars stay the same I don't think they really change with weight loss or gain idk I might be wrong.

Your depression somehow gave you a little benefit, you lose weight but it is an unhealthy way in losing weight.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 11/19/2012 11:28 am

When I was drinking full fat dairy kefir I think I gained weight in my face. My scars became almost invisible and my skin was glowing.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 11/19/2012 2:39 pm

I don't really get it though, because although the scar will be less covered, the depth between the surface of your skin and the scar should be less. The fat pushes up around the scar, so as you lose weight I would think the scars would look less deep.