Benzoyl Peroxide Uk

Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide Uk

MemberMember
(@modman)

Posted : 10/26/2012 9:40 am

I wrote an open letter to Dan in this forum. A moderator deleted it.. why? It didn't breach any rules. I can only guess the Moderator in question wanted to pass off my suggestions as her own.

Anyway, with Panoxyl being discontinued, apart from Dan, any other sources for 5% or stronger Benzoyl Peroxide in the UK? I really think Dan should consider having stronger than just 2.5%.. in my long time and daily experience, it really is more effective for me. I wish I did only have to use 2.5%, but sadly I need stronger.

Thanks,

modman

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 10/27/2012 12:51 pm

The thread, 'Open Letter to Dan' hasn't been deleted, it's still here in the forum. :)

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/27/2012 4:15 pm

I wrote an open letter to Dan in this forum. A moderator deleted it.. why? It didn't breach any rules. I can only guess the Moderator in question wanted to pass off my suggestions as her own.

Anyway, with Panoxyl being discontinued, apart from Dan, any other sources for 5% or stronger Benzoyl Peroxide in the UK? I really think Dan should consider having stronger than just 2.5%.. in my long time and daily experience, it really is more effective for me. I wish I did only have to use 2.5%, but sadly I need stronger.

Thanks,

modman

It's right here where it's always been.

http://www.acne.org/...-letter-to-dan/

I'm sure nobody, myself included, would want to pass off your idea as our own. Please do not make assumptions or accusations like that when you are unable to locate a topic. Just ask.

MemberMember
(@modman)

Posted : 10/28/2012 10:03 am

Brandy. I am an ignorant, idiotic simpleton who makes aggressive assumptions when all it would have taken a bit of better research. My greatest of apologies to you teehee.gif

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/28/2012 4:09 pm

Brandy. I am an ignorant, idiotic simpleton who makes aggressive assumptions when all it would have taken a bit of better research. My greatest of apologies to you teehee.gif

Best apology ever! You are forgiven, son. :)

MemberMember
(@modman)

Posted : 10/28/2012 6:22 pm

so back to my original question. does anyone know where I can get affordable benzoyl peroxide at 5% or 10% concentrations? The unessential other ingredient in Quinoderm screws with my skin :(

Please Dan! Higher concentrations! Your the king of kings in the acne world!

MemberMember
(@xcharliex)

Posted : 11/02/2012 7:24 pm

Epiduo. However you will have to get a prescription from your GP. Either way try and find one that is a gel rather than a cream, its so much better smile.png

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 11/03/2012 9:47 am

so back to my original question. does anyone know where I can get affordable benzoyl peroxide at 5% or 10% concentrations? The unessential other ingredient in Quinoderm screws with my skin sad.png

Please Dan! Higher concentrations! Your the king of kings in the acne world!

Duac has 5%...I know it has an antibiotic in it, but it's readily available on prescription and it's a gel.

MemberMember
(@astrobhoy)

Posted : 11/08/2012 6:58 am

an email response from GSK on PanOxyl...

I can confirm that the Panoxyl range has been discontinued, with the exception of Panoxyl 5% Cream due to return in March 2013 and Panoxyl Acnegel 2.5% and 5% due to return in September 2013.

I am afraid that the reasons for discontinuing the product are commercial and that this decision came following a review of the Stiefel Brand acquired by GlaxoSmithKline. One of the main reasons for discontinuing Benzoyl Peroxide products is the high cost and difficulty producing this chemical which made it uneconomical to continue its production.

MemberMember
(@modman)

Posted : 11/11/2012 6:21 pm

Knew it would be something like that. Until they bring back the 5%, a cost effective product with ONLY Benzoyl at highest concentrations still isn't available.